• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

South East Back on the Bass

Action Man

Reaction score
Morning all,

Went out last night for the 3rd time this week in search of a bass or two. (Blanked the first two sessions)

The north Kent coast has been doing well with the hounds this week but I really fancied targeting the bass with the late high water tides. And last night with high water at 12:15am all things felt good for a few Spikey’s.

Got to my east Kent mark and cast out as soon as there was enough water to do so. It took all of 3 minutes before the rod took a succession of positive thumps and soon enough I had a nice 39cm bass on the shoreline. Duly taken a whole squid.

45377A8E-FAF8-43AC-B4CF-D03FA7F79616.jpeg

20 mins later I took a whopper of a bite and the retrieve on this fish felt epic. I was sure I was in to a monster only to my disappointment a 38cm bass had come in sideways totally foul hooked through the flank.

78DCCC6B-93AF-4D5D-BDCD-8BDC00387B2A.jpeg
CB82FB08-3FE2-4139-BDB0-699884C4FC5B.jpeg

15 mins after that I missed 3 huge bites in succession. These were proper rod slammers so whatever was out there was hungry and strong yet cunning in equal measures!

My final bass of the night came about 10 mins before high water. A nice 37cm long which took the head of a bluey.

4CA13C23-E9A2-4848-9133-FB0DFF5E4EAD.jpeg

High water came and went and I fished the ebb for an hour without a sniff. Guess they had all their fun on the flood!

Until next time
Alan

Well done on the spiky's

Morning all,

Went out last night for the 3rd time this week in search of a bass or two. (Blanked the first two sessions)

The north Kent coast has been doing well with the hounds this week but I really fancied targeting the bass with the late high water tides. And last night with high water at 12:15am all things felt good for a few Spikey’s.

Got to my east Kent mark and cast out as soon as there was enough water to do so. It took all of 3 minutes before the rod took a succession of positive thumps and soon enough I had a nice 39cm bass on the shoreline. Duly taken a whole squid.

View attachment 12579

20 mins later I took a whopper of a bite and the retrieve on this fish felt epic. I was sure I was in to a monster only to my disappointment a 38cm bass had come in sideways totally foul hooked through the flank.

View attachment 12580
View attachment 12581

15 mins after that I missed 3 huge bites in succession. These were proper rod slammers so whatever was out there was hungry and strong yet cunning in equal measures!

My final bass of the night came about 10 mins before high water. A nice 37cm long which took the head of a bluey.

View attachment 12582

High water came and went and I fished the ebb for an hour without a sniff. Guess they had all their fun on the flood!

Until next time
Alan
Nice report ?

Winkling a few out mate! Nice bit of sport!

Back