• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

South East Back on the beach - Pett level 29/05/22

ouchthathurt

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
Evening all, been an interesting few weeks, so been off the scene while life straightens out. Many thanks to Warby and Shirley for checking in. Bad news was the dog being put to sleep,? good news is that wifey is 15wks pregnant ?

10kg of prime premier baits fish meal basemix also arrived on my doormat, so silt pig boilies needed rolling…

Having been asked to house sit the in laws for a week, I was tasked with taking the dogs for a walk along the beach I would usually fish for bass. As the dogs jumped out the boot I notice the lug pump looking forlorn in the boot, so I take it for a little walk too. After getting 60 prime lug while the dogs went for a nice swim, I dropped them home before going to pick up the beach gear. Heading down to the beach an hour before low, I tackled both rods with two hook clipped down rigs baited with fresh lug and after wading out to the surf line I rather rustily launched them both into the deeper water. Then it was a case of sitting back and waiting for a bite 7FD3B7D2-1D85-44CF-BD94-80E8538C16EC.jpegI quickly knocked up a spare rig and as I hooked it up, I noted that the right hand rod had dropped slack. A steady retrieve saw a nice bass hit the beach after only 5mins! Easy This bass fishing lark… ? 1F207DBE-8B24-4468-BCDB-76CB02FC36DB.jpegnext cast produced nothing, or so I thought, but on retrieval I had the smallest sole I’ve ever caught! 0086C929-0026-40C5-82A6-69A993AE0ABB.jpegThe rest of the session was a blank, after a 3.5hr session, the tide pushed me off the mark and it was time to head home.

nice little session there, well done, congrates to you and your wife(y)(y), sorry to here about your dog passing:(

Nice one Ouchy! Great to see you back on the sand, and glad to hear things are picking up. Congratulations to you & your good Lady on the future arrival of another mini Ouchy! ????

Back