• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

South Coast Back on the big beach!

chesilpete

Reaction score
So me Chalton and a couple of his mates popped down to Chesil for a daylight bash with no great expectations!.
The long and the short of it is we all caught a few fish and as always Chesil has a surprise up her sleeve.
Tom and Dave started proceedings with some smallish smuts, Chalton chipped in with a mix of bits including one or two plaice and I managed a very weird mixed bag.
Baits used lug, rag, squid... rigs loops and up n overs, ranges various.
We caught plaice, pout, whiting, smuts, bass, scad, dogs and a small tope.
Great time had by all, it seems Chesil may at last be waking up.
Its been slow in daylight and last week in the dark I left in despair after my 12th strap with only small plaice in daylight.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210712-163814_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210712-163814_Gallery.jpg
    360.7 KB · Views: 26
  • Screenshot_20210712-163833_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210712-163833_Gallery.jpg
    302.8 KB · Views: 26
So me Chalton and a couple of his mates popped down to Chesil for a daylight bash with no great expectations!.
The long and the short of it is we all caught a few fish and as always Chesil has a surprise up her sleeve.
Tom and Dave started proceedings with some smallish smuts, Chalton chipped in with a mix of bits including one or two plaice and I managed a very weird mixed bag.
Its been slow in daylight and last week in the dark I left in despair after my 12th strap with only small plaice in daylight.
Excuse my ignorance, but what's a ' smut '?

Excuse my ignorance, but what's a ' smut '?
Well done Pete nice bag of fish that like you said bout time she woke up well done bey ?

Hopefully chesil is awake when I come down in September.
Chesil in September is a great month, I have a couple of mates travelling down for their annual pilgrimage towards the end of the month. The plaice are fat and the sole will be in...... every year is different but its been our best month for bass as well.
The trick is to target a species in September crystal clear water does limit some options but then thats time to target the flats and fish small baits down East looking for red mullet, triggers black bream and ray species at night.
If you get down here and there is a blow through that all changes to cod, bass, rays and oddly smuts.
Drop me a PM nearer the time but if you want to team up for a bash I am always keen to fish chesil anytime in September.

Chesil in September is a great month, I have a couple of mates travelling down for their annual pilgrimage towards the end of the month. The plaice are fat and the sole will be in...... every year is different but its been our best month for bass as well.
The trick is to target a species in September crystal clear water does limit some options but then thats time to target the flats and fish small baits down East looking for red mullet, triggers black bream and ray species at night.
If you get down here and there is a blow through that all changes to cod, bass, rays and oddly smuts.
Drop me a PM nearer the time but if you want to team up for a bash I am always keen to fish chesil anytime in September.
We’ve been coming down for quite a few years. Still learning, it’s not just a lump of shingle. Always do better when we go for a hike.

Good you all caught. Is Chalton (hi mate!) doing hikes now? You mentioned triggers. I was obsessed with them for a while last year! Well while l was in Swansea. Has it become camp time down there yet? It sounded pretty nasty in places last year. Not a stretch l have fished much. Good advice as ever.

Back