• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

East Anglia Back on the sand

Chrisbl

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
Been a very long time due to illness and pandemics etc but finally managed to get out yesterday. Had woken up with the urge to go so slung gear in the van, can’t beat a last minute decision.E730D683-6C86-4BD1-B148-38B7C465554E.jpeg Left work, walked down the road to pick up some bait and 15 minutes later I’m on the beach surveying a sea that was best described as smooth as a mill pond. Beach was relatively quiet , always a result and was soon joined by a mate who turned up out of a matter of curiosity. Fished the tide up for a couple of hours for a couple of bass, beautiful weather and washed the dust down with a cold can of cider, lovely.E730D683-6C86-4BD1-B148-38B7C465554E.jpeg

Been a very long time due to illness and pandemics etc but finally managed to get out yesterday. Had woken up with the urge to go so slung gear in the van, can’t beat a last minute decision.View attachment 10342 Left work, walked down the road to pick up some bait and 15 minutes later I’m on the beach surveying a sea that was best described as smooth as a mill pond. Beach was relatively quiet , always a result and was soon joined by a mate who turned up out of a matter of curiosity. Fished the tide up for a couple of hours for a couple of bass, beautiful weather and washed the dust down with a cold can of cider, lovely.View attachment 10342
Well done ?
Similar situation to myself.
Wife's illness is ongoing, but it's terminal.
Shielding since March 2019.
No fishing for 2 + years, 150+ miles away from the coast.
Were currently in Worthing.
Last of 3 days fishing ?
6lb + blonde Ray day or, Bass day two and 4 schoolies yesterday.
Back home this morning ?

Attachments

• DSC_0187.JPG
    DSC_0187.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 1
  • DSC_0186.JPG
    DSC_0186.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 1
Been a very long time due to illness and pandemics etc but finally managed to get out yesterday. Had woken up with the urge to go so slung gear in the van, can’t beat a last minute decision.View attachment 10342 Left work, walked down the road to pick up some bait and 15 minutes later I’m on the beach surveying a sea that was best described as smooth as a mill pond. Beach was relatively quiet , always a result and was soon joined by a mate who turned up out of a matter of curiosity. Fished the tide up for a couple of hours for a couple of bass, beautiful weather and washed the dust down with a cold can of cider, lovely.View attachment 10342
Always the best sort of sessions Chris, when it's a last minute decision, and often produces the best results!

Looks lovely there mate, and a nice bass too!

Nice session, and what looks like beautiful conditions, sounds a lovely afternoon to be out. Well don't on catching a few.

Well done mate. Lovely tinge off blue on that bass's tail. ?

Nice one, good to get out there

Well done ?
Similar situation to myself.
Wife's illness is ongoing, but it's terminal.
Shielding since March 2019.
No fishing for 2 + years, 150+ miles away from the coast.
Were currently in Worthing.
Last of 3 days fishing ?
6lb + blonde Ray day or, Bass day two and 4 schoolies yesterday.
Back home this morning ?
It's an undulate not a blonde but you now that anyway

Back