• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

North Wales Back to a bit of normality.

Kevin3110

Reaction score
Last Thursday night’s efforts resulted in half a dozen bass in total, nothing big but all very welcome after a very half hearted start to the season from me.
It was my 4th attempt on the lures with the other 3 sessions possibly seeing me fish maybe 4-5 hours in total ☹

It was a cracking evening with perfect conditions and the sight of a familiar face an added bonus for the night ahead.

My first bit of action for both the night and season came shortly after 9pm when my SG Pencil lure was hit at range resulting in my first bass of the season. ?

I had a bit of a wait before any further signs of life but remained upbeat having seen next door land a fish and a further two after a little move along the shore.
The move eventually paid dividends and over the last part of the session I found another five bass and missed another couple, with all fish coming to the larger patch in the 500G colour.

A very enjoyable session with a few fish and good company.......

even did a little clip of the better of the nights captures keeping me company in the shallows briefly before swimming back out into the darkness.

Gotta love that blue tinting in the fins, awesome looking fish they are

Tight lines.......????

I have a couple of cheapo market floating lures (pretty big things) that i have tried for bass, but never caught one off the surface yet.

Can you recommend a good all rounder that is not dear that will cast well.

I have a couple of cheapo market floating lures (pretty big things) that i have tried for bass, but never caught one off the surface yet.

Can you recommend a good all rounder that is not dear that will cast well.

Maybe have a look at the Axia range by Hto/Tronixpro. They do a version of that big patch ( copy ) that will no doubt catch fish and think you’ll be able to pick them up for around £7. They also do a copy of the vulture that casts pretty well too and another called the Glide. I’d probably swap the hooks out but that will only add to the cost, I’d assume the hooks provided would be ok for smaller stuff initially but long term is look to change those.

Maybe have a look at the Axia range by Hto/Tronixpro. They do a version of that big patch ( copy ) that will no doubt catch fish and think you’ll be able to pick them up for around £7. They also do a copy of the vulture that casts pretty well too and another called the Glide. I’d probably swap the hooks out but that will only add to the cost, I’d assume the hooks provided would be ok for smaller stuff initially but long term is look to change those.
Thanks, will have a look later.
Any particular style or colour?

Thanks, will have a look later.
Any particular style or colour?

Pearl probably if you can but they do a colour similar to 500G they also have a candy and joker version.
Rapala also now have the walk & roll in 2 sizes, one is around the big patch size and the newer smaller version the size of the patch 100. They are around £14.

I have three different colours of red-gill and only caught on the pearl.

What a lovely session, nice write up and some awesome pictures

Back