• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

South Coast Back to the bridge

Tatunka joe

Reaction score
So arfter last weeks decent session over the camp we returned for another crack the plan was to get there around 7am and fish till around 9 pm me Burt and me mate were joined by another 2 lads mainly boat anglers but they like a bit of beach aswell as we got over the bank we were met with an empty beach apart from a couple of guys a lot further up who went across with an outboard ( thought they were banned up that far ??‍♀️) . The fishing was steady with small pout tings and poor cod for my self followed by a couple of lovely tubs on a Plegic rig my mate then snagged a couple of codling ( spawny git ) the other beys we’re getting the normal pests plus tubs and dogs . A cracking bite on my bar rig then resulted in a new pb for me a butey of a red mullet all 1lb 2 oz of him stunning looking fish definitely gives the gurnard a run for it’s money in the butey stakes ?then it all starts going wrong the swell up there had been steadily building all day but it all of a sudden turned monstrous we had already moved way up the bank but a wall of white water hurtled up the beach burying both my lines and nearly comeing into my shelter I lost one set of gear but managed to get the other in we where expecting flat calm conditions tho a huge storm pushing up from the Atlantic changed that and although the sea was flat the swell just kept building my mate then had a small bass but we decide to call it a day sod fishing that at night plus it seemed to have pushed the fish out deep cause apart from the bass that’s all we saw for 2 hrs so we packed up and headed back shame as really wanted to catch a few bream but not worth the risk @bananas was down ferrybrige and was haveing the same issue and another mate was at cogden and was set up 150 yards back so hard work all along ?so a decent day which started off well till Mother Nature got pissy think I’ll have 1 last crack at the bream next week whould live a decent bag cheers ma butes B7E35C16-7CA5-4CC6-A565-1BDFED0C0848.jpeg44D7E549-ED00-4D13-8BD5-45EFD70BB0A0.jpeg128ACE2E-AA94-4CAE-994C-88AF7936715D.jpegED4C5FCE-12E9-4586-85C3-EABBADD120D3.jpeg0E36F060-2693-4578-8765-105AF1FBD209.jpeg6AB10610-1A14-4847-8A31-44374172511C.jpeg

Well done mate, lovely tub and mullet.
I fished yesterday, too flat and the coloured dropped out so quickly. Found a few fish, nothing excited though.

Thats a lovely mullet mate, very jealous, well done on him and the other fish.
But that swell, mental, never seen it come up the beach as high on a neap tide.

Well done mate, lovely mullet and Tub there ?
That swell can be something else, remember it took a few rods and shelters couple years ago!

Well done mate, lovely mullet and Tub there ?
That swell can be something else, remember it took a few rods and shelters couple years ago!
Me mate who’s fished chisel loads said even arfter a big blow he’s never seen a swell like today it was it was hitting the beach so hard the waves were going back out to sea glad we spotted the danger early and moved to higher ground tbh

If I remember right, it was fairly calm, think East breeze and after a few lads were hit ferrybridge end, loads of lad got smashed from the Honiton club during a night match, pretty sure Barry lost a century SM and was dragged out across the shingle, luckily just stopping before going over a shelf!

Think he found his other rod along the beach a bit!.... All this in the dark as well as it being a cold night. Think he was Abbo

Or maybe Bexy
It was bexy mate rouge wave hit the comp people lost phones bait all sorts Barry got it worse comp was stopped arfter that think it was daylight I wasn’t fishing that one but nasty plaice chisel got to respect her

Sounds like a busy day though mate and a good red mullet - ?????

Serious swell about at the moment, shame the conditions shut it down on you but you did the right thing.

It was bexy mate rouge wave hit the comp people lost phones bait all sorts Barry got it worse comp was stopped arfter that think it was daylight I wasn’t fishing that one but nasty plaice chisel got to respect her
I remember chatting to Barry just after, scarry moments!

Was that spike when waves hit today? Screenshot_20211115_003932_com.android.chrome.jpg

Back