• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

South Coast Back to the bridge

Tatunka joe

Reaction score
Ferry bridge that is not the bridgeing camp but will be up there soon as have acces to a boat . Love it up ere in the summer hitting multiple species conditions where spot on clear water and a nice chop on the sea took a bit of a hike half way along the sanctuary but nothing mad ( god I miss they planks ) 😳set up a bragnell bar on the distance rod baited with rag an frozen Mac and spanked that out as far as poss and flicked out my super pop up rig at 30 yards with in a min the pop up registered a bite and I soon had a nice heathy Mac on the shingle and this is how the next hr proceeded nothing hitting the distance rod so kept myself entertained with macs on the pop up . A decent rattle in the distance rod resulted in a buetiful red gurnard love these guys and a short time later I had a tub to add to the tally . Retrieving the pop up rig I got hit and on landing it a small but fat bass was my prize 🏆 nice went a bit quiet arfter that so just chilled with a coffee saw some gar working the surface so had a half hearted attempt at snatching one but to no avail . My baits then started getting striped by small bream fast rattlely bites but I refused to drop down from my sz two hook size to snag tiny ones but eventually I landed a small one quick pic a as nd off he went target achieved but thought there whould be more. as dusk came I set up my afaw bass rod with my killer scad rig flicked out 5 yards and was soon reward with 3 nice scaddys enough I thought I thought but I do love scadding.
My distance rod had another decent rattle and thought ooo another bream but alas twas only a strap so away went the the bream rig chucked out a side of fresh Mac and a squid rag break at range and a Mac head an guts in the the gutter for a bass on the bass rod missed two hound runs so upped hook size and soon landed a coulple of 4 lbers great fight altho no size . Had a couple of decent pout on the Mac . Then decide to call it a night great little sesh and twill only get better up there soon the red mullet triggers and more bream will arrive . Was ment to be fishing our 24 hr comp today but a good mate decided to get married again so have to go to that the shithouse chould have cheacked with me before booking a wedding 🤷🏻‍♂️ cheers ma butes IMG_2632.jpegIMG_2627.jpegIMG_2625.jpegIMG_2621.jpegIMG_2619.pngIMG_2617.jpegIMG_2616.jpegIMG_2614.png

Last edited:
Great report and photos Tats bey. Nice selection of species - well done! 🎣🎣👍👍

No mate cost me £15 yesterday
If you are with a mate,ever thought of leaving your gear at the Visitor Centre and sneakily parking at Chesil Vista off the roundabout just before the bridge,just a thought.There is also space to park at the Flats just before the bridge on the right.Ferrymans Way,check it out on Google Maps.I've parked there many a time whilst fishing under and near the brige hoping to catch the Bass entering and leaving The Fleet.Great ambush point.Great report by the way,pics aint bad either.

Last edited:
Great report Tats, lovely mixed bag as well mate. And a good looking wingman too. 🎣 🎣

Ian.

Back