• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

North Wales Back to the luring........

Kevin3110

Reaction score
After last week’s session on the hounds ? wonderful sport on light gear, but that’s for another forum ?

First session for me was Wednesday evening, targeting a high water mark again this week I didn’t have to leave mine until 8:30pm. At 9:15pm and on the very first cast I hooked into something silver, a little disappointed with it once landed I text my mate to say the blank was beaten and to get his arse in gear as conditions looked perfect ?

As always, the Sunslicker Mishna is a firm favourite at this particular mark though I will throw a patch and shallow diving lure out occasionally. Anyhow, just over an hour after arriving and shortly before high the Mishna did what the Mishna does best as it gets smashed right under the rod tip, with very little reeling in to do the fight was a short one.

A few more casts with the Mishna and I decided to try a lure the kids had bought me for Father’s Day. The weedless version of the SG V2 sandeel, although I had a couple of there new bits off them I went with the trusted yellow/white combo. 20min into the ebb and the lure gets hit, nice to get one on a gift off the kids ?

15min later and it’s no3 for the night and second on the new lure. This one been the 22g version, it’s the same weight as the Mishna I use just a slightly smaller profile.

In between my 3 my mates also landed a couple on the new solid white Megabass spindle worm, couldn’t see the lure in the first fish it was well and truly nailed.
Just after 12am the drizzle sets in and we both decide to head back to the cars, quite happy with the handful of fish landed.

Second session of the week was last night, now tide was a little higher but it was the forecast that didn’t look to great. Not one to be easily dissuaded, once I’d had the thumbs up that my mate was also up for it I was ready for the off just before 9pm. Mrs gave me a very odd look as I was leaving, briefly glancing out of the window to suggest there must be something wrong with me! ?

I simply messaged her this.............. I shan’t type out her reply ?

Once we’d arrived we both questioned our sanity but concluded it looked too good not to brave it for at least a couple of hours. There was lots of small baitfish in the water and the occasional hint of something causing them bother but neither of us registered any interest in any of our lures.
Eventually and shortly before high I hook up, in the tide it puts up a decent little scrap but it’s soon landed for a quick pic, again the LM Mishna doing the bizz ?

Hoping this would again be the first of many we were proved wrong as neither of us had any further interest, and like the previous night decided enough was enough especially given the weather ?? and we set off back towards the car.

Damp ? but not too disappointed as at least I’d managed to winkle one out, that’s now 17 sessions with only 4 blanks and 3 of those were the first 3 sessions of the year. See now what the weather forecast is for next week as I may very well disappear back to the dark side for another dirty bait session. ?

Pretty much how I’d fish them most of the time, though if a straight retrieve isn’t working I’ll try a sink and draw type approach.
Yes I think that’s how I work most of my jelly’s either along the bottom or up and down , we just need some bass down here

Great report n pics your surely putting the pressure on @Andy 1965
Cheers mate......... I’m sure Andy is more than happy doing his own thing and not worrying weather I’m catching or not.

Can probably name a couple that get the shivers seeing our pics, but that’s another story! ??

Nice fishing as usual Kevin ?.

Great report n pics your surely putting the pressure on @Andy 1965
Cheers mate......... I’m sure Andy is more than happy doing his own thing and not worrying weather I’m catching or not.

Can probably name a couple that get the shivers seeing our pics, but that’s another story! ??

There's no pressure on me Dave ?.

As Kevin says, we're both just doing our own thing and though we bump into each other occasionally, there's no rivalry between us.

We're just glad to both be enjoying top sport with some quality Welsh silver :giggle: .

Back