• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

East Anglia Bacton

Chrisbl

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
Good morning chaps, just a little write up about a last minute spontaneous trip to the beach on Thursday afternoon.
Been out in the morning and did some work and was home for late morning feeling very chuffed with myself and thinking about a little trip to the sand for the first time in a while. Upon my arrival at home I started to sort some bits out when I was quizzed by madam as to my intentions, this is where it all went a bit strange to say the least. Been with my other half for about nine years now and in that time I can count on my fingers how many times she has come down the local with me and as for fishing? Never. I said to her I was going to go to Bacton for a few hours to see if anything was about and enquired if she would like to accompany me, you could have pushed me over with a feather when she replied that she would. That slowed things up for a bit while she readied herself and prepared a’picnic’.
Anyway the long and short of it is we went to the beach for a few hours, enjoyed the weather and the food plus I managed to tease a few out. Madam sat in her chair with her head buried in a book so all good there.Bait wise I was on frozen blacks and squid, fish wise I had a mixture of school bass and some lovely fat flounder, two of which were deep hooked so are now residing in the freezer, other than that everything else went back in. Bass were undersized running up to 40cm but nice plump fish, I suspect after dark would have been better. Plenty of dogs on the beach but all seemed to be under control which was nice. Got home, cleaned fish, had a fry up rinsed down with a bottle of wine, all in a very nice Thursday and the other half said she would come again.

Nice, can’t beat a fat flounder or two.

Good she wanted to go with you, unless she thinks you have a fancy woman and wanted to check you really were fishing? ?
Nice to have the company to be honest, picnic went down well, usually don’t bother taking food, she will be welcome again on the catering front.

Beats working mate!! Nice one Chris
Hell yeah… I’m lucky in where I live, twenty minutes I can be walking on a beach, five minutes walk down the road I’m at the river Ant and five minutes drive away and I’m on the water with the kayak. Might go out on the kayak this evening to bother the local perch population. Next year’s mission is another kayak and hitting the sea with it.

Just don’t buy the missus a rod Chris, cos it all ends in tears when she catches more/bigger than you! :ROFLMAO:
Hell no…I’ll leave her in charge of catering and refreshments ?

Well done on catching a few on an impromptu session (y)

Back