• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Advice Baitcasting Reel

I must admit I'm certainly not proficient at using a multi reel...I was thinking that maybe using a ser one which chucks less weight might actually be an easier way of getting to grips with larger beachcasting multipliers. That said I'm ery happy with the two Surfblasters I have. I suspect I'm suffering from tackle addiction....thinking about it I don't really need another reel....but can you have too many ?? I found a Kastking on Ali for around 26 quid so may have a go with this first....
£26.04 50%OFF | KastKing Royale Legend II Baitcasting Reel 7.2:1 5.4:1 High Speed Gear Ratio Carp Reel Aluminum Spool 8 KG Drag Fishing Reel
If it doesn't work out then its at least not too much money wasted...could even flog it on ebay for the same as purchase....they sell new for between 35 and 45 quid there.

I tend to buy mid range fishing rods & reels, if looks after they have lasted years and will see me out.

Last edited:
For you I would recommend some budget baitcasting reels as per my experience.

1. Shimano SLX DC 150 is recommended as best budget baitcaster under $200
2. Abu Garcia Black Max is recommended as best budget baitcaster under $100
I have an Abu Silver max £34 gb pound and similar sized Shimano also a Diawa one, all have mag breaking and flip buttons. I tend to use them on either 8ft or 10 ft spinning rods casting up to 10 to 40/80gm casting weights. All spooled with mono line either 8lb, 10lb breaking strain.

I have an Abu Silver max £34 gb pound and similar sized Shimano also a Diawa one, all have mag breaking and flip buttons. I tend to use them on either 8ft or 10 ft spinning rods casting up to 10 to 40/80gm casting weights. All spooled with mono line either 8lb, 10lb breaking strain.
Feeding the robot more info lol

I picked up a lovely new daiwa baitcaster from teamsussex I think name was for 20 quid ,bargain cheers again if reading.

Back