• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

South West Baked in Somerset

That sounds like a tough session, but definitely the weather for fishing there (I can guess where you were). Personally I would only fish there on a building tide, preferably a spring, with high water into darkness. High light levels and shallow water makes for a tough session, not always true, as you can find the hounds in front of you sometimes but I much prefer to only fish when I have tide and lighting in my favour.
Cheers, good to know I wasn’t entirely off whack! Going to try again this weekend on the bigger tides.

Back from France last Friday evening, didn't get chance to chuck a lure out over there, and was looking forward to a session maybe later this week. 4.30pm high tide tonight, and 48% towards a spring tide, so did think about popping out Thursday/Friday evening. High tide around dusk.

Wifey is not well at all and getting worse since she tested positive for Covid over the weekend, so even if I manage to avoid it, I don't really want to go out and leave her alone. ??

Back