• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

South Wales Barrybados (Cold Knap)

Master Caster

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
Met up with a mate of mine at Barry , we decided to fish low to high and back a bit. My baits of choice was squid and bluey. Just after six pm out go the baits.....
My mate turns up half hour later so general chit chat began......
First hour was slow, then one of my rods arched over ! Hmmm... possible ray !!
Up goes the rod and fish on :p.
As I was reeling in it definitely felt like a ray , just the slow heavy drag in lol . As it got closer I shout over to my mate " Ray on".
There was no fight from the fish what so ever until about 15 yds out ! A quick glimpse of a fin and I thought it can't be!
Then the fight was on lol . To my shock I reel in a lovely smooth hound . I quickly unhook it and on the scales and just weighing under 10lb. Fish returned to fight another day. Only a few bites after that and last cast got me a conger of a couple of pounds. Great night's fishing with great company. Until next time. ?

Last edited:
The reason I blur my face is because I dont like my photo on the internet! There's not a single photo of me anywhere, hence why I don't do Facebook, I leave all that crap to the kids :D

Back