• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Bass baits?

Thanks gents. From those suggestions it would suggest that time, tide and conditions contribute more than bait as it seems they will eat just about anything.

Good thread this. As said many baits will work but I'd imagine up in Scotland on a surf beach then local worm would be best to get bites and see how many fish are about in general... If you get consistent fish then you could move upto the big bluey and squid type baits to target better fish?

For round here it's crab worm and whole squid.. yet in south Kent facing the channel big baits n pout are brilliant because can be left out a long time with less crabs stripping baits in minutes. Whereas tried whole macky n stuff in the shallows near me and just doesn't do it .

Good thread this. As said many baits will work but I'd imagine up in Scotland on a surf beach then local worm would be best to get bites and see how many fish are about in general... If you get consistent fish then you could move upto the big bluey and squid type baits to target better fish?
Part of the problem is being able to get away to dig worms. A freezer with squid and stuff in it is what I have. No bluey though. Bluey done, gone finished.

Few places here close to the estuary a big ol softie on a rolling ledger bounced round beneath the undercuts of the reefs and Rock marks is a killer. Away from there a bloody great fish bait dumped in close and a flask of coffee while you wait.

Most of mine fall to big lumps of metal .............. slow jigs

Back