• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Advice Bass & Estuary rod

Go outdoors has an online sale on . Ive just ordered a 11ft AFAW mk2 estuary rod for £145 . Gotta be a member tho
Let's hope you get the Rod, and not a load of crap like they sent me when i ordered an Abu Grip-Lok reel seat from them. ;)

Ian.

Hi Mike
Your response above intrigued me.
I’m looking at spicing up my angling experience by not changing my target species or technique as such but by fishing lighter for them!
Could the “century TT graphex ultra lite be a contender for south coast fishing?
Could I still use a multiplier with them?
I currently use eliminator T-800’s which are really enjoyable but on that calm balmy night I feel I want to be lighter.

Steve
Hello mate, I use the t800 all the time lovely rods , I carry a spare rod with me all the time weather it’s a flattie fanatic, conoflex frenzy or the tt lite , the tt lite is the one above the ultralight , I fish south coast all the time ( hove ) and to be honest I don’t truthfully think there’s any need to go above the t800 unless you’re fishing winter weather then I uprate my rod to a j-curve or Harrison’s q3 , when it’s calmer weather then the lighter rods come into there own 4oz casting for the plaice and basically anything lol and yes all my 4oz rods are for multiplers, iv cought strap congers on the frenzy the rod handles them beautifully with out any problem, the tt lite I’d say is much more powerful than the frenzy it’ll smack a 4oz as hard as you can with out a hint of over doing it, and it’ll throw a 5oz, don’t be afraid of going light I honestly think we over gun are selfs in most cases, I can meet up once the weather calms down and you can have a go on them I do use a 5000 size multipler on them

Hello mate, I use the t800 all the time lovely rods , I carry a spare rod with me all the time weather it’s a flattie fanatic, conoflex frenzy or the tt lite , the tt lite is the one above the ultralight , I fish south coast all the time ( hove ) and to be honest I don’t truthfully think there’s any need to go above the t800 unless you’re fishing winter weather then I uprate my rod to a j-curve or Harrison’s q3 , when it’s calmer weather then the lighter rods come into there own 4oz casting for the plaice and basically anything lol and yes all my 4oz rods are for multiplers, iv cought strap congers on the frenzy the rod handles them beautifully with out any problem, the tt lite I’d say is much more powerful than the frenzy it’ll smack a 4oz as hard as you can with out a hint of over doing it, and it’ll throw a 5oz, don’t be afraid of going light I honestly think we over gun are selfs in most cases, I can meet up once the weather calms down and you can have a go on them I do use a 5000 size multipler on them
Hi Mike
Thanks for the info. I think fishing lighter by way of responsive rods and lighter weights would definitely bolster hobby satisfaction,
while still having the ability of maximum range if required.
People say that spending a bit of money on rods etc wouldn’t necessarily catch more fish…but if you can see all the bites and enquiry’s then I’m inclined to disagree.
I’ll also take you up on your kind offer when the weather is more reliable.
Steve

Hi Mike
Thanks for the info. I think fishing lighter by way of responsive rods and lighter weights would definitely bolster hobby satisfaction,
while still having the ability of maximum range if required.
People say that spending a bit of money on rods etc wouldn’t necessarily catch more fish…but if you can see all the bites and enquiry’s then I’m inclined to disagree.
I’ll also take you up on your kind offer when the weather is more reliable.
Steve
More than welcome

And I thought your LA was your favourite rod Mike.. :D

Ian.

Back