• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Bass fishing tips in Essex needed

PollockPuller

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Boat
Evening all,

Im starting this thread really to see what anyones got any tips to share regarding fishing for bass using lures. Especially in the murky waters of Essex.
I've always used bait but really like the idea of walking with the dog on a cool summer evening and having a cast for a chance at the odd bass. Also as a bit more of an interactive fishing for the boy.

I've got a base idea of how to do it mainly just looking for some tips some of you with more experience have learned over the years.

Cheers,
P

Evening all,

Im starting this thread really to see what anyones got any tips to share regarding fishing for bass using lures. Especially in the murky waters of Essex.
I've always used bait but really like the idea of walking with the dog on a cool summer evening and having a cast for a chance at the odd bass. Also as a bit more of an interactive fishing for the boy.

I've got a base idea of how to do it mainly just looking for some tips some of you with more experience have learned over the years.

Cheers,
P
I'm sure Minstrelblue will be along shortly to advise 😀

Not sure if it was on here or another popular sea fishing forum, but I'm sure I've seen reports from a very successful Essex lure angler, he does very well in the murky Essex waters by all accounts.

Sadly I can't be alot of use as I don't do alot of lure fishing myself.

Wrong side of the Country for me P, but good luck anyway.

Cover the same areas you have caught on bait to start with I would say . See how that goes as you know they are present already . Mornings and evenings low light much better usually .

Not sure if it was on here or another popular sea fishing forum, but I'm sure I've seen reports from a very successful Essex lure angler, he does very well in the murky Essex waters by all accounts.

Sadly I can't be alot of use as I don't do alot of lure fishing myself.
Rockhopper 1956 on WSF

Back