• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

South East Bass n smoothies.

Had1

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
With the continued nice weather and southerly winds thought we'd have a go as the water reaches the beach ,around an hour after low ,and fish it up a bit .

Went with fork early evening to a bit down the road which looks to of recovered from over digging. Gladly I was right and within 30 minutes I had 2 Chinese takeaway tubs filled up so easily enough for what I wanted.

On arrival sunset and water looked great .
No weed !!!!!
Amazing, by May or June i usually stop sea fishing and just go carping because of it being impossible to fish properly but once again it was clear .

1st in was my mate with a nice bass of about 3lbs .
Then I lost either a bass or a small hound right in the edge after reeling it in 80 yards or so just popped off.
Then I put on a soft crab I found when we got down there ....a nice rod bending bite and had a 5 6lbs smoothy on the beach!!
Back out with lug this time and another smoothy of about 3lbs comes up. Then a bass about 2lbs and we called it a night soon after a couple of slow casts.
Look at the hounds tail at the top it was twisted and deformed a bit . Still strong fighter though .

20220701_001825.jpg

Nice report H1L2. Well done mate! ????

Well in Hugh, nice session there mate. ??

Back