• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Review Bass pro

Chalton

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
Just picked up one of these any honest reviews from you guys on here will mostly be used for hounds in the summer and I expect a few local sessions in the solent

I've only used one for a few trial casts so can't comment on bite detection. I'd say it's quite a powerful rod in comparison to what most would consider is a bass rod. I guess they had to call it something but 'distance bass' might be a better description! It's an excellent casting tool as you'd come to expect from J.Shambrook & co. I dont know the ground you're fishing but I'd say it will suit your needs if you like a slightly shorter rod.

I've only used one for a few trial casts so can't comment on bite detection. I'd say it's quite a powerful rod in comparison to what most would consider is a bass rod. I guess they had to call it something but 'distance bass' might be a better description! It's an excellent casting tool as you'd come to expect from J.Shambrook & co. I dont know the ground you're fishing but I'd say it will suit your needs if you like a slightly shorter rod.
Clean to mixed bud

I bought one a few weeks ago and it’s brilliant will cast a six and bait with ease perfect for bass when it’s snoty but it’s more than bass rod it will make a great wrasseing rod on the rough ground too but aswell as the bassing I’ll be useing mine as a short range scratching rod 30 to 60 yards with a loop rig and in tight for macs gar and scad off chisel I fell in love with mine first time I used it and that rarely happens with me and rods just a fantastic all round tool good purchase you made thete chalton mate 👍👍👍

I bought one a few weeks ago and it’s brilliant will cast a six and bait with ease perfect for bass when it’s snoty but it’s more than bass rod it will make a great wrasseing rod on the rough ground too but aswell as the bassing I’ll be useing mine as a short range scratching rod 30 to 60 yards with a loop rig and in tight for macs gar and scad off chisel I fell in love with mine first time I used it and that rarely happens with me and rods just a fantastic all round tool good purchase you made thete chalton mate 👍👍👍

Mate just what I wanted to hear ill be out with it soon with it being 12ft 6 it's that little bit easier on the bike less chance I'll kill myself when riding lol

First session with the bass pro 4 hours at lee on solent casting 5oz and squid my god it's slim and light surprisingly powerful didn't feel like it was 12 ft 6 at all this rod is going to be fun catching hounds with in the summer can't wait to put a bend in it I've paired it up with a penn fierce 6000 liveliner admittedly the reel is a little heavy but it kinda works bite detection is good picked up the pin whiting with ease but they are ferocious little hitters anyway might head east see how the plaice bites show could be tempted to purchase another 😆

Back