• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Beach chairs.

Mesmo

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
I find i don't sit down much sea fishing but those things will hold up pretty well for a good number of trips just fine iv used similar...get 2 for 18 quid and can't go wrong...they can be a bit uncomfortable on shingle but still a seat .
Better stuff out there but these are very light which is obviously a help on a long walk

Haha! Those chairs are pretty much the same, and OK as long as you aren't a fat git like me!
We went on a trip to a Cornish beach with the grown up family early last summer, and daughter, knowing that I'm not in the best of health, took along one of those chairs for me to perch in!
On trying to extract myself from the chair, one of the arms disintegrated, and me & the chair ended up in a tangled heap on the sand.
They are poorly made if you're not a slim Jim. Daughter's chair had a Union Jack cover, and I've tried hard, but can't find one to replace it.
If fishing, I'll stick to my Shakey seat box!

Must have been 5hite stuff if rusted.
I have 2 in shed at caravan probably over 10 year old, still look ok, that with all the sea air up here.
Never use for fishing just for sitting on beach.

I got one these a while back . Fold up really small and are easy to carry . One trick is if fishing on shingle cover the base with a bag otherwise it fills with shingle n wont close properly apart from that there ok .
Screenshot_20221111-122441_Chrome.jpg

Seatbox for me unless I’m dishing out the back of the car and then I use this.

Pick them up for about 60 quid but best camping chair ever!

Have to agree with flappy, I tried a few out years ago when I wanted a seat for beach fishing, I ended up with a fox royale low chair, still going strong now, though it only gets used at home or out camping now as I found I never sat in it enough to really bother taking it.

I got one these a while back . Fold up really small and are easy to carry . One trick is if fishing on shingle cover the base with a bag otherwise it fills with shingle n wont close properly apart from that there ok .
View attachment 35234
I’ve never seen those…..very clever.
No good for me though, I need something to rest my old back against.

Back