• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Beach Lure Fishing kit

Any of you roving lure fishermen out there. What do you have to carry about the tools required to fish

I came across this ….. your thoughts please gents

If I'm on a lure only session, I just take my MTB backpack as it's small (10l) and very comfy, plus saves me buying another backpack for fishing.
One thing to consider when buying a chest/back pack is that if wearing it while casting, make sure it won't hinder your casting and restrict movement. That's the reason I love my MTB backpack, it's designed to be worn all day riding bikes so you don't really know it's there, plus it's really slimline on my back so won't restrict my movement or casting.
I use the same one when on a light beach/rock session too as it makes me limit what I take and menas I can be more mobile.

Careful when on the bike, if you have an off the bits in the rucksack can do damage to you, just saying as a few of my motorbike friends have witnessed the same problems.

I didn’t know that. I have wanged a 30 gram metal a fair way with it a few times.
It's true that rods will soften over time after they have been cast a few times, but it will take years rather than a few casts. I remember talking to someone from Bruce and Walker about this a few years ago. They were saying that they had tested rods on their flex machine (It bent the rods far, far further than any angler normally would) with 3000 bends with no measurable change in action.

On a different point, I watched them bend a rod (inside a re-enforced glass screen) to destruction and was amazed at just how much punishment it took before shattering spectacularly!

It's true that rods will soften over time after they have been cast a few times, but it will take years rather than a few casts. I remember talking to someone from Bruce and Walker about this a few years ago. They were saying that they had tested rods on their flex machine (It bent the rods far, far further than any angler normally would) with 3000 bends with no measurable change in action.

On a different point, I watched them bend a rod (inside a re-enforced glass screen) to destruction and was amazed at just how much punishment it took before shattering spectacularly!
Yes Will. I think I would be disappointed if my rod was noticeably softer after just a few sessions!
Im still waiting for a fish sizeable enough to bend my rod to distruction!

Yes Will. I think I would be disappointed if my rod was noticeably softer after just a few sessions!
Im still waiting for a fish sizeable enough to bend my rod to distruction!
Tackle up and instead of popping a hook on, tie your shock leader to the dogs collar, soon give the rod a good test! Be the longest and best fight you’ve ever had!

Tackle up and instead of popping a hook on, tie your shock leader to the dogs collar, soon give the rod a good test! Be the longest and best fight you’ve ever had!
You clearly know my dog very well Will!

Attachments

• 44506AF6-CEE2-41DD-8D9E-9FE749F9E722.jpeg
    44506AF6-CEE2-41DD-8D9E-9FE749F9E722.jpeg
    123.6 KB · Views: 5
A beach lure fishing kit typically includes fishing lures, hooks, weights, and line or leaders designed for fishing in saltwater environments. The lures in a beach fishing kit are often designed to mimic the movement and appearance of baitfish and other prey that are commonly found near the shore. The gear included in a beach lure fishing kit is typically made of materials that can withstand the corrosive effects of saltwater.

Last edited:
Back