• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Beach Lure Fishing kit

Ok so rod reel and braid sorted

Lures I am checking out so thanks guys 👍

What other kit do I need to do it properly?

I am thinking
  • Chest waders
  • Waterproof backpack
  • Telescopic landing net
Any suggestions on the above 3 items

What have I missed?

Last edited:

Lures I am checking out so thanks guys

I am thinking
  • Chest waders
  • Waterproof backpack
  • Telescopic landing net

What have I missed?
I usually get a couple of Bait rods out from beach or pier, and then flick some lures about from the same whilst the bait is 'soaking'! Can't be doing with any of the above, though I do own a landing net somewhere - not a clue where I last put it!

I usually get a couple of Bait rods out from beach or pier, and then flick some lures about from the same whilst the bait is 'soaking'! Can't be doing with any of the above, though I do own a landing net somewhere - not a clue where I last put it!
I will probably do that Dave but was thinking of some standalone outings Lure fishing only which might mean walking say half a mile to a mile exploring different waters. I wouldn’t want to stray too far from the tripod if I was doing that

I am thinking
  • Chest waders
  • Waterproof backpack
  • Telescopic landing net

What have I missed?
A priest…….if you intend catching your dinner!

I am thinking
  • Chest waders
  • Waterproof backpack
  • Telescopic landing net

What have I missed?
Forceps', headtorch, priest, knife, studs for waders

A priest…….if you intend catching your dinner!
Got one of them and as long as the Mrs isn’t around it will be catch photograph and release. If the Mrs is around and it’s legal ….. it’s coming home as fish is her favourite meat …. Normally Tilapia and a couple of other types she gets in from an importer/ distributor But she is partial to bass and bream

I will probably do that Dave but was thinking of some standalone outings Lure fishing only which might mean walking say half a mile to a mile exploring different waters. I wouldn’t want to stray too far from the tripod if I was doing that
I'd just concentrate on the lure rod, or the bait rods you can't do both properly at the same time and to lure fish effectively you need to cover ground to some extent

I'd just concentrate on the lure rod, or the bait rods you can't do both properly at the same time and to lure fish effectively you need to cover ground to some extent
That’s pretty much what I was saying to Trampster.

I am thinking
  • Chest waders
  • Waterproof backpack
  • Telescopic landing net

What have I missed?
Ah landing net……where we wade we use our landing net (inverted) as a walking / safety aid as there are hollows in the terrain and it’s easy to stumble with waders on, which could prove deadly. The landing net I had was a Fox one off e bay for about £23. Not exactly telescopic but 2 piece with a twist lock for chosen length. This served me well for three seasons but then snapped. Fair enough at that price.
I bought the next size up mid season for about £27 …..first time I used it I realised it was too heavy for me, so I too am looking.
Im not very keen on telescopic for the fear of it collapsing if I did stumble forward and put my weight through it.
Im looking at getting a 1.8m, either one (preferable) or two piece carbon handle with a separate net head.
The rubber coated nets are far better when lure fishing as less chance of the hooks getting entangled…….

Ah landing net……where we wade we use our landing net (inverted) as a walking / safety aid as there are hollows in the terrain and it’s easy to stumble with waders on, which could prove deadly. The landing net I had was a Fox one off e bay for about £23. Not exactly telescopic but 2 piece with a twist lock for chosen length. This served me well for three seasons but then snapped. Fair enough at that price.
I bought the next size up mid season for about £27 …..first time I used it I realised it was too heavy for me, so I too am looking.
Im not very keen on telescopic for the fear of it collapsing if I did stumble forward and put my weight through it.
Im looking at getting a 1.8m, either one (preferable) or two piece carbon handle with a separate net head.
The rubber coated nets are far better when lure fishing as less chance of the hooks getting entangled…….
Salmon gye net..?
8D402C5C-2204-41FE-B1CE-48120A6305DA.png

There are lots of landing nets available flappy but that one has a short handle and strap……worn on the back until needed.
Would be handy in some situations but not for me as I use the landing net as a stave when wading….
It was just an illustration …they do gye nets with extendable and long handles too…

I would recommend taking a sandspike with you ,I find mine handy for putting a spare rod on or for when I'm changing lures
Cheers Wolf 👍

Back