• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Beach shelter or brolly?

Ladfromtad

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
Evening folks

I am new on here and just starting up sea fishing.
Been looking around the internet at tackle and seen a lot of beach shelters and umbrellas.

Any recommendations would be much appreciated.

Cheers :)

Evening folks

I am new on here and just starting up sea fishing.
Been looking around the internet at tackle and seen a lot of beach shelters and umbrellas.

Any recommendations would be much appreciated.

Cheers :)
I will look at the replies with interest as well as I can’t see the point in standing out in the elements when you can at least get out of the wind and rain.

Personally I will probably opt for a beach shelter but which one is another matter

I haven't got either so can't really help. If the weather is bad, with health isssues, I just go fishing from my armchair on Youtube! Plus, I struggle most of the time to cart my gear around, a beach shelter would just be another large item to carry.

I haven't got either so can't really help. If the weather is bad, with health isssues, I just go fishing from my armchair on Youtube! Plus, I struggle most of the time to cart my gear around, a beach shelter would just be another large item to carry.
If your ever down my way, shout… i will get you on a few fish, nice and easy as well 👌🏻

If your ever down my way, shout… i will get you on a few fish, nice and easy as well 👌🏻
Thanks JR! Very nice offer! With a 4 litre Jeep and the price of fuel, plus the travelling time, anywhere near Chisel is a bit off my plans!

On the move a lot or walking a long way, use a brolly.
Pitching up camp, use a shelter.

I use both.
The brolly is a tf gear one and the shelter is a genuine beach buddy.

I've tried cheap shelters and they really are poor quality compared to the like of a beach buddy or Ian gold's igloo.

I’ve used both, but prefer the stability of a beach buddy, I’ve had brollies fold inside out in gusty winds. You can bury the flaps of the beach buddy in with shingle and get a pretty solid shelter. A brolly has its place, on a beach with a distance between high/low water marks, where you have to keep moving up and down with the tide or having to groin hop (changing locations regularly), you can bury the back of the brolly in shingle. I found brollies easier to transport as they will fit in a decent hold-all, my buddy had a separate bag.

I would say shelter… easy to set up and use. What type of locations will you be fishing?
NE coast.
Anywhere between Hull and Whitby.
Just starting up, coming from coarse fishing background.
A brolly is great on a lake, but not sure one would survive a winter storm on the beach!

NE coast.
Anywhere between Hull and Whitby.
Just starting up, coming from coarse fishing background.
A brolly is great on a lake, but not sure one would survive a winter storm on the beach!

If you have sand and pepples you are laughing and get one.
I take might every session on Chesil

Sell the Jeep and get a Micra…… 🤨🤨 at least you could come fishing with the TSF village idiot 🤣🤣
Haha! Need the Jeep (or a big 4x4) to tow my trailer. We bought the trailer in Dorset years ago & towed it home with my Sierra. Very risky business, so I don't think a Micra would do the job! 😁😁

Back in topic I have me shelter for my beach and south coast marks all bar a couple of places up the channel good waterproofs. Even moving a shelter ain’t to bad once your used to it just lift n shift and hope if it’s a tad breezy you don’t do a Mary poppins up the beach 👍

Haha! Need the Jeep (or a big 4x4) to tow my trailer. We bought the trailer in Dorset years ago & towed it home with my Sierra. Very risky business, so I don't think a Micra would do the job! 😁😁
Just how big is your trailer.? When I was a wee lad my old man used to tow a 21ft Monza caravan behind a 1750cc Austin Maxi.

Back