• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

South West Beaten by my youngest

Flipper

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
After our successful mission to a new venue last week, my youngest who mussed out wanted to have a go so we returned. Fishing more of the ebb and over low this time, it was a struggle to be honest. Fortunately, the boys stuck at it, changing lures and moving after a couple of casts to try and find the fish. Despite my reservations, my youngest targeted a spot about 18in deep using a large spook type surface lure, needless to say I was wrong and he was right, landing 2 fish best of 48cm and missing one more. We carried on trying different things and just before we had to leave, I finally got one on my Fiish sandeel, sadly my eldest blanked.

The best fish was 52cm so was dispatched for tea, interestingly when gutted it contained 6 decent hardback crabs, so despite having there heads down on the crab, you can still convince them to grab a lure sometimes.

IMG_9820.jpeg

All in all a good session in daylight and learned lots more about the venue and lure choice.

Nice report Flipper! Well done on the Bass - your lad did well! 🎣🎣👍👍

Nice Bass mate, and its always good to see the youngsters having a go, even if you do get beat... ;) 🎣🎣

Ian.

Back