• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Best website for long range tidal predictions?

tidetimes.org.uk
Comes in both digital and a little yellow book for the year ahead for about £3/4 each one.
That’s the one I use if I’m just doing a quick check for that day or the next day, whatever.
Unfortunately they only do the week ahead online but as you say, can order books for whatever port/area you want.

That’s the one I use if I’m just doing a quick check for that day or the next day, whatever.
Unfortunately they only do the week ahead online but as you say, can order books for whatever port/area you want.
Year ahead online too, but only if you pay the small fee. They send you an email with the link and you can print it out if you don’t want to pay for the book, but I prefer to have both.

I get some good use out of 'Tideplotter' from Belfield software (www.belfieldsoftware.co.uk). It's aimed at yachting folks and unfortunately has prices to match but you can get good predictions well into the future. Very useful for planning especially for trips away from your normal area.

I run it on the Windows PC at home. Not sure if there is an Android/iOS app, but I think not. Don't even ask about Linux.

A chart gives you a bit more information than just a list of HT and LT times, especially in areas where the tides are a bit 'strange', like Poole. Here's a couple of charts showing the tides at Poole entrance next November a week or so apart. As you can see, the shape varies quite a bit between spring and neap tides.

1691330978661.png

1691331043869.png

Back