• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

South Coast Bexington club match

Tatunka joe

Reaction score
So arfter a bit of toing and throwing the Dennis retter memorial match went ahead at bexington yesterday fishing whould be from 12 till 9 with 22 entry’s to fish it great turn out I change my plans right as we were heading off and went to a differt mark with my normal fishing buddie and 3 hangers on 😂😂😂
Stiff southeastly breeze with gusts to 30 were on the cards and altho the rafts of weed were Evident no one one had any problems with it . The fishing was insane from the minute the bait hit the water pout ting dogs were straight on the baits Me and my mate didn’t get a chance to eat smoke or drink right up till dark but the fish were small so it was a numbers game trying to get the bigger specimens a 14 oz pout and a 1lb 12 dog had me sitting nicely I had fish to back them up orso snagged a 1lb 12 codling shit points but points on the board but needed that bugger whitening they were all long thin fish but eventually I snagged a better one that took a whole Anchovy at 1 lb 3 so I had my two dogs two ting two pout and one cod so I carried on smashing blacks and squid out to find another cod while putting a mixture of double squid pout and Mac fillets in the gutter for a better fish
Another mate one up from me landed. A nice 11 lb eel good scrap but not great for points but nice to see
Near the end and running out of bait I chucked out a whole sea sent squid ( these squid are from teign baits and are perfect casting size at around 4 to 6 inches long like an in between of normal calimari and party squid but well worth getting involved in lads ) sales pitch over I was baiting my last rag and last fresh black when I herd the clutch go on my gbfs I turned to see it bent right over quickly wound in and lifted to set the hook something was there but wot bit of head shakeing cod maybe 🤔 after a bit of in and out with the shore break up the beach come a small ray 😃😃and it was a undulate havnt had a shore caught undulate for years unfortunately it wasn’t big enough for the comp wings were only 38 cm across neede to be 45 but I was chuffed
I chucked out my last two worms and stated packing down when I noticed some banging on my rod reeled in to big of weight and head shakeing and up the beach come my 2 nd codling happy days 😃so had 8 fish to weigh in worked hard for them but really great days fishing . Back at at weigh in I managed the best funfish with the ting and 3 rd place on the night done by a 1.5 pout and a2.2 dog but £40 quid up no bait left love sessions like this just had time to write some obscene messages on our mates truck he was fishing the samilite 😂😂😂oh and cheers to @J Richards for your help mate 😉478EEC51-67F3-4F64-94B8-2A34ABC64547.jpeg4128E84C-5898-404D-9C29-30A05B18A8CB.jpeg
Oh we’ve left to make these fish look huge it was only 3 lb 😂

Fabulous report & great photos as always Tats! Well done mate! Sounds like it was quite hard work, but a good result! 🎣🎣👍👍

Shame you didn't take a pic of the Grafitti on matey's van! 😁😁

I’ve never had a shore caught blonde on my bucket list tho plenty off boat biggest shore caught undulate was from Seaton of all places was only 9 lb but lovely fish

Same as me, had every other ray except a shore blonde. Will be putting some hours in soon to get one though…… weather it be on the BC or Chesil…. I will get one

Back