• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

South Coast Big tide flattie trip

Leginfisher

Reaction score
Had first trip out on Thursday evening down Brighton way for a few weeks. Most trips from June had resulted in a few sole and bass although the last 2 trips were sole less. So was hoping to see a few tasty sole coming up the shingles and wasn’t to be disappointed. 4 sole and 8 nocturnal plaice, of which 4 were keepers made it a decent session. Never had so many plaice at night! They were feeding hard over high tide and may have seen a few more sole if they hadn’t been there but much better than ting and doggies?

Attachments

• 2A4189B0-A16F-4386-98B0-DB45C57B18D6.jpeg
    2A4189B0-A16F-4386-98B0-DB45C57B18D6.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 61
Had first trip out on Thursday evening down Brighton way for a few weeks. Most trips from June had resulted in a few sole and bass although the last 2 trips were sole less. So was hoping to see a few tasty sole coming up the shingles and wasn’t to be disappointed. 4 sole and 8 nocturnal plaice, of which 4 were keepers made it a decent session. Never had so many plaice at night! They were feeding hard over high tide and may have seen a few more sole if they hadn’t been there but much better than ting and doggies?
brilliant!!! That's some good fishing for sure!!!!

Brilliant result mate, very well done ? isn’t it unusual for plaice to feed after dark? Or have I been reading too many “how to” articles?

Brilliant result mate, very well done ? isn’t it unusual for plaice to feed after dark? Or have I been reading too many “how to” articles?
Thanks, I was surprised to see so many plaice as only had the odd one at night. Maybe they were feeding hard after the stormy weather once the sediment reduced? Out again on Saturday, smaller tide, so be interesting to see how it fishes and if the plaice are still there.

Nice haul of flatties there mate, great session. (y)

Ian.

Back