• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

North West Blackpool North Pier 14-5-21

Huss Hustler

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
Hiya all,
After reports of the Huss, Hounds & Thornies showing a Friday night sesh with me & 3 of the usual suspects was sorted.
Despite the S/E breeze & flat calm sea we were still pretty confident & were on the pier for a little after low water armed with Bluey, Squid & a few crab.20210514_212240.jpg
I headed for the N/W corner of the pier, Tony & Shane picked the middle & Karl picked the S/W corner.
We all went the usual route of big hooks (5/0's) & big baits to try & keep the inevitable Doggies off.
The fishing started slowly & never really got going properly.
I ended up with 9 Doggies & a greedy Dab. Tony & Shane faired a little better with Tony landing this Thornie of 6lbs or so among the Doggies.20210515_000950.jpg
Though i've no pics Karl had done better still on the other side with a Thornie of similar size & a double figure Huss among the Doggies
With the rain having started around midnight we sacked it 02.30 ish.
Tight lines.
Rick?

nice one hustler looks like a nice spot although hard to cast maybe with that backdrop lol ?

Must have been a greedy dab to take a 5/0 ?nice sesh tho there’s nothing that can be done to avoid the dogs bud ?but they do seem to thin right out over the next few months down here cracking sesh tho bud ???

Good to hear you have access to the pier again HH. I believe that you know my mate Wayne on there?

Hiya Tw,
Yeah i know Wayne well mate, have'nt wet a line with him for a good while- mind you lockdown & the fact Wayne's chasing the Bass during the Summer whilst i'm targeting what he regards as nuisance fish does'nt help.
Tight lines.
Rick?

nice one hustler looks like a nice spot although hard to cast maybe with that backdrop lol ?

Nice one Rick, at least you got out ?

Well done fella, I would be happy just to get out!

Well done Rick. Good to hear you got some time to get out again. At least you had a few bites :)???

Nice one Rick. I bet your glad that's back open

Must have been a greedy dab to take a 5/0 ?nice sesh tho there’s nothing that can be done to avoid the dogs bud ?but they do seem to thin right out over the next few months down here cracking sesh tho bud ???

Thanks for reading lads, i shall do my best to catch something worth taking a pic of next time.
Tight lines.
Rick?

Less of them nuisance fish HH :p

I'm only joking - each to their own of course(y)

Hiya Tw,
It was all taken in jest mate ???
Have to admit i put the nuisance fish bit in with tongue firmly in cheek ???
Mind you! You'll know as well as me, when we're talking about Wayne, any fish that's not a Cod or Bass is genuinely a nuisance fish to him.
Tight lines.
Rick?

Still sounds a busy session with the dogfish, shame their big brother didnt come out to play.

Hiya bananas,
Defo mate & as the saying goes "you've got to be in it to win it".
Hopefully my turn next time.
Tight lines.
Rick?

Back