• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Blue fin

It’s a fish… why shouldn’t an angler be entitled to the whole fish… wether it is returned or kept should only concern the angler who caught it

It’s a fish… why shouldn’t an angler be entitled to the whole fish… wether it is returned or kept should only concern the angler who caught it
I’d guess most couldn’t process or store a 300lb fish though?

As long as it wasn’t sold on, which is technically illegal without the relevant food hygiene certificates, I wouldn’t necessarily have a problem with an angler keeping one but I think it would have to be a very strict bag limit per person per season, ie one.

me mate had a350 lber while shark fishing down Cornwall last week let go at side of boat video of the reel screaming was quite impressive zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz?

This run on WSF some time ago supported by a bloke that loves the Angling Trust.

In my opinion we should leave them alone, i have watched Tuna fishing programmes on TV where people that do it for a living are catching them.
Sometimes they are on the hook for hours and fighting the fish to land it.
Is this necessary just to tag it?
How much harm is done to the fish by these so called trained people?
I would leave them alone.
We (UK) can not target sea trout which are abundant yet you are asking us to harm an endangered species

Is there a quota for commercial fisherman for them?

This run on WSF some time ago supported by a bloke that loves the Angling Trust.

In my opinion we should leave them alone, i have watched Tuna fishing programmes on TV where people that do it for a living are catching them.
Sometimes they are on the hook for hours and fighting the fish to land it.
Is this necessary just to tag it?
How much harm is done to the fish by these so called trained people?
I would leave them alone.
We (UK) can not target sea trout which are abundant yet you are asking us to harm an endangered species

Is there a quota for commercial fisherman for them?
I don’t think there is for this year , I wonder about by catch

I’d guess most couldn’t process or store a 300lb fish though?

As long as it wasn’t sold on, which is technically illegal without the relevant food hygiene certificates, I wouldn’t necessarily have a problem with an angler keeping one but I think it would have to be a very strict bag limit per person per season, ie one.
Wouldn't want that much as they are full of Chemicals/Heavy Metal Poisons and anything that grows big so lives a long time are Toxic just like sharks.
Fish that grow fast like Mackerel are ok.
But we are/have poisoned the Whole planet from the seas with toxins to the Rain forest with Destruction slowly>Quickly we are Killing ourselves.

Wouldn't want that much as they are full of Chemicals/Heavy Metal Poisons and anything that grows big so lives a long time are Toxic just like sharks.
But we are/have poisoned the Whole planet from the seas with toxins to the Rain forest with Destruction slowly>Quickly we are Killing ourselves.
Southern Water seem to be doing a good job polluting the south coast. The ea and government aren't doing a thing about it.

Same goes for marine mammals. Especially their livers. Won't be long and they may be worth harvesting as a living ore

Thread necro..
Looks like he's accidentally caught some tuna again whilst shark fishing (latest vid) .. How unlucky can ya be 🤣
Looking at the vid where he T bars it off, the trace looks like 200lb fluoro to me

I have caught Bluefin whilst shark fishing, but generally they are shy of a wire trace, the catch rate on fluoro is way higher.

Although is can be a dream come true, once you have caught one Blufin, then you have caught them all because the fight is a bit predictive, and repetitive.

If I am honest, I much prefer mixed specie fishing, something like a 20lb Blond will give a good account of itself when you are anchored in the tide.

Looking at the vid where he T bars it off, the trace looks like 200lb fluoro to me

I have caught Bluefin whilst shark fishing, but generally they are shy of a wire trace, the catch rate on fluoro is way higher.

Although is can be a dream come true, once you have caught one Blufin, then you have caught them all because the fight is a bit predictive, and repetitive.

If I am honest, I much prefer mixed specie fishing, something like a 20lb Blond will give a good account of itself when you are anchored in the tide.
Not exactly a shark fishing set up now is it.

Did err, any cleaning take place during the accidental tuna catch video? 👀
I gave up watching the videos from Mr Goody Two Shoes after it came out that his Mrs was on Only Fans etc.
After seeing it mentioned on here, I had a quick look at some of the comments earlier, and it looks like he's had to close the comments for a while, and remove a load for the abuse he was getting. He actually called one guy a "bitter little Prick"! I think he needs a Mirror!

I gave up watching the videos from Mr Goody Two Shoes after it came out that his Mrs was on Only Fans etc.
After seeing it mentioned on here, I had a quick look at some of the comments earlier, and it looks like he's had to close the comments for a while, and remove a load for the abuse he was getting. He actually called one guy a "bitter little Prick"! I think he needs a Mirror!
He’s just annoyed his shower tray is still grubby 😂

If he is getting stick for what he did it would seem to be justified.

Back