• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

South West Boring Beesands

bananas

Reaction score
Had a few hours at Beesands couple days ago, not much to report, a tub during the day and couple small Pouting and a Poorcod in darkness, that was it, baits was being stripped fairly quickly too. Did pop a big crab bait out but that came back in a knotted ball, guess a bootlace had a play with it. pants!!
High light of the evening was getting soaked from a fecking heavy shower before I could even get me waterproofs on!!

Bad luck Bob.

Does Beesands/Slapton ever fish except for mackerel and a few hounds in season?

I never really seem to read any good reports from those beaches?

It can chuck up rays, plaice, red and golden mullet, bass, can be a good beach on its day, buts its days are few and far between these days. Still gotta keep pluging snd hopeing todays the day????

Chucks up huge whitening Spurs rays and dogs some of the club lads love it me not so much unlucky Bobby ???
It can chuck up rays, plaice, red and golden mullet, bass, can be a good beach on its day, buts its days are few and far between these days. Still gotta keep pluging snd hopeing todays the day????
Yes I guess it must have it’s day but I just never seem to see good reports from there.

A bit like chesil but you do see a few good reports from chesil at least.

Tbh I think chesil is quicker for me to get to, so I don’t think I’ll be rushing down to the South Hams any time soon.

Plaice and big whiting are the only things that might tempt me!

Yes I guess it must have it’s day but I just never seem to see good reports from there.

A bit like chesil but you do see a few good reports from chesil at least.

Tbh I think chesil is quicker for me to get to, so I don’t think I’ll be rushing down to the South Hams any time soon.

Plaice and big whiting are the only things that might tempt me!
I fear Beesands/Slapton is like most places now - used to be good but there just isn't the fish around. Slapton used to be great for Plaice but hardly hear of any decent ones being caught.

I fear Beesands/Slapton is like most places now - used to be good but there just isn't the fish around. Slapton used to be great for Plaice but hardly hear of any decent ones being caught.
Personally I recon it’s a duff year I think El nino weather system has played havoc but some places have fished well bc has produced some cracking sole hounds and rays some great hound fishing on the south coast chisels slowly springing to life but mainly for those who know how to fish it the macs where late really late but got a feeling these next few months chould kick right off at least I hope so and if not then it’s not been a great year all round not just on the fishing front and we can look forward to next year where hopefully repay us in full ????????????

Personally I recon it’s a duff year I think El nino weather system has played havoc but some places have fished well bc has produced some cracking sole hounds and rays some great hound fishing on the south coast chisels slowly springing to life but mainly for those who know how to fish it the macs where late really late but got a feeling these next few months chould kick right off at least I hope so and if not then it’s not been a great year all round not just on the fishing front and we can look forward to next year where hopefully repay us in full ????????????

I sincerely hope you are right Tats. There have been some cracking catches of Hounds & Rays - just look at Si's catch reports.
Now I've got some half decent gear, I was hoping to get out to Beesands or Slapton for some Plaice but reports say it's dead. It was really great out with John & Bob a couple weeks back to see the big shoals of Mackerel chasing Baitfish up onto the shore in a carpet, but as you probably know, I fish to catch to eat, and I want some Plaice! *stamps feet* ???

I sincerely hope you are right Tats. There have been some cracking catches of Hounds & Rays - just look at Si's catch reports.
Now I've got some half decent gear, I was hoping to get out to Beesands or Slapton for some Plaice but reports say it's dead. It was really great out with John & Bob a couple weeks back to see the big shoals of Mackerel chasing Baitfish up onto the shore in a carpet, but as you probably know, I fish to catch to eat, and I want some Plaice! *stamps feet* ???
If you were fitter I chould take you to a mark that chucks up fat plaice at 40 yards bey but the walks a c&&t the fat whitening will be in soon fish a Chuck down slappers when it’s like that bud or your have to up ere with the boys I find you plenty of fish ma Bute ?

If you were fitter I chould take you to a mark that chucks up fat plaice at 40 yards bey but the walks a c&&t the fat whitening will be in soon fish a Chuck down slappers when it’s like that bud or your have to up ere with the boys I find you plenty of fish ma Bute ?
Would love to come up & see ya Tats but limited income = limited travel. ??

When the whiting are here tat we can catch them off Mountbatten pier with a 20 yard cast big 2lb ones , 30 minutes drive 5 minutes flat walk , can’t wait ?

When the whiting are here tat we can catch them off Mountbatten pier with a 20 yard cast big 2lb ones , 30 minutes drive 5 minutes flat walk , can’t wait ?
Yeah but break waters are dull bey rather be on a beach ma Bute and if you organise any meets for god sake double check the weather this time ?????????????

Back