• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

South Coast Boscombe Pier 3rd Jan

An extortionate £7.30*

The council wasted millions of pounds to give surfers a reef that didn't work but they'd get for free, they spend nothing on angling yet charge to fish.

* £5 for oldies, @Goateeblank got it for that rate once, it sometimes helps to look old.

A cannabis farm? Very interesting, still no history. The technology of growing technical hemp has many other nuances, but they are easily enough taken into account and do not negatively affect profitability. But it is difficult to do it at home. It would be easier for me to buy https://highthc.shop/product-category/shake/ than to cultivate plants and try to get something out of them. So your customer just doesn't want to pay.
Captain Haddock and others have a regular spot here?
Perhaps they have a side line?
It’s usually full with lots of undesirables.

The charge for fishing the pier is now £8.50, an increase of 16% from £7.30. BCP Council is not in good financial health at the moment and is doing its best to increase income in whatever way it can.

The charge for fishing the pier is now £8.50, an increase of 16% from £7.30. BCP Council is not in good financial health at the moment and is doing its best to increase income in whatever way it can.
That starts another debate.
Will the water bailiff be taught all of the Eastern European languages that the majority of the population who fish from the pier?
As in past experience these individuals shrugg their shoulders and have a bemused expression, we no under stand English!!!
They fully understand counting money or when they are given hand outs????

Do they often ask for money? I've fished it a number of times and never seen anyone collecting money...maybe they have tightened things up 🤔

Do they often ask for money? I've fished it a number of times and never seen anyone collecting money...maybe they have tightened things up 🤔
I have only been twice once with Captain Haddock and once alone. Both times they came around, but with the large number of drunks that were fishing and a number of Eastern European men who did their usual trick - we No understand- we No English.
They didn’t collect any money

I have only been twice once with Captain Haddock and once alone. Both times they came around, but with the large number of drunks that were fishing and a number of Eastern European men who did their usual trick - we No understand- we No English.
They didn’t collect any money
Ah fair enough, glad I knew as would have thought someone was trying to Scam me out of a few quid 🤣....Merry Christmas all 🎉

I bought a season ticket, probably a mistake as I've been thirty times and more without seeing anyone even vaguely concerned about a ticket.

Nobody was fishing today other than a crab fisherman at Mudeford, he was going to eat the catch??? Had a stove of hot water boiling away at the back of his camper van?
Boscombe pier - nobody
Bournemouth Pier nobody
Milford on sea nobody, very high water this mornings tide

Nobody was fishing today other than a crab fisherman at Mudeford, he was going to eat the catch??? Had a stove of hot water boiling away at the back of his camper van?
Boscombe pier - nobody
Bournemouth Pier nobody
It's Christmas day 🤷

Boscombe pier - nobody
Bournemouth Pier nobody
Probably be a few out fishing tomorrow I'd say.
Merry Christmas landlocked

It's Christmas day 🤷
What’s that got to do with anything?
I would have been home like most people having a Christmas dinner with all the family.
Circumstances instantly changed for me in March 2022.
I no longer have a family!!!
So, I’m here on the coast, alone with my dog.
There are loads of people out and about. Most non English mind.
Loads of caravaners pitched in the New Forest,
Mobile homes galore wild camping.
Bournemouth pier was packed this afternoon.
I have walked miles today and discovered loads of new beachfronts that I haven’t been to before.
So why not fishing?
A very high tide at lunchtime

Attachments

• F355904F-06B6-4727-BEE4-309FD46F189E.jpeg
    F355904F-06B6-4727-BEE4-309FD46F189E.jpeg
    68 KB · Views: 4
  • 40CD8FB8-8C76-4246-B375-E1587D18854A.jpeg
    40CD8FB8-8C76-4246-B375-E1587D18854A.jpeg
    85.7 KB · Views: 4
  • 73FC9D46-ED4C-4633-95BE-428479EF69B6.jpeg
    73FC9D46-ED4C-4633-95BE-428479EF69B6.jpeg
    105.6 KB · Views: 4
I'm sure loads are out having a family day...most like me would get hanged if they went fishing though ☹️......Merry Christmas.

Back