• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

South West Both sides of the bay

bananas

Reaction score
Started fairly early on the breakwater this morning, first out was a small Whiting, followed by a nice Herring, very happy with him as a new one for the hunt.
Then the Mackerel started, had a couple a keepers before the joeys took hold, couple of full houses (thats 3 on my cut down rig), one lot mangled the rig, so snipped that off and on with a lure, this was a good swap as it was mostly good size ones coming to it, 20 plus fish and 3 lost lures later, I went over to a dropshot and managed a couple of Corkies and a baby Pollock before packing up and walking back to the car in the sun and looking forward to my breakfast.

Then this evening popped over to Torquay with the light gear, had several drops without a touch and was thinking this could be a blanking session, moved 2 foot to the left, dropped it down and straight away a little niggling bite, which turned out to be a juicy prawn, with him tucked in to the bait box for another day, back to the spot I just had him, and straight away another small niggling bite, wound him up and in the torch light it was a goby, closer inspection, it was this evenings target, a Leopard Spotted Goby, happy happy happy, I had a couple more drops with a small Poorcod coming up and decided to pack up, so a quick 30 min session did the biz.

Another great report Bob - well done! ????

Back