• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

South West Branscombe Devon

Minstrelblue

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
Been nearby on holiday for last 2 weeks and donated duvet time and fished 3 various early mornings from 0500 to 0900 ish. Tides were initially high and dropping, then a session at low tide and a final session 1 up,over high and down 2.
First attempt was using frozen mackerel and squid, large baits close in and were both untouched, second trip over low tide with frozen mack on one rod close in and distance rod with lug and rag from seaton angling resulted in ignored worm baits but a very nice enquiry on the mack head and guts. Two very distinct double tugs registered on the rod as I'm using braid. I held the rod waiting for a committed pull which never came and what was probably a bass had moved on.
Last attempt yesterday in calm weather, clear water with no breeze using macks again and blueys had no enquiry either. So all three sessions were blanks but it was a nice try. Must try harder.
PXL_20230518_071941466~2.jpgPXL_20230513_071742636-EFFECTS.jpg
Wonder if he, who's being crawling along back and forth every day for 2 weeks has nicked my 🐟🐟🐟🐟
PXL_20230518_054141523.jpg :LOL: :oops:(n).mfv New seeker.....I saw you crawling along the shore every day

Last edited:
Good report Minstrel - shame the fishies were not playing ball. 🎣🎣👍👍

Been nearby on holiday for last 2 weeks and donated duvet time and fished 3 various early mornings from 0500 to 0900 ish. Tides were initially high and dropping, then a session at low tide and a final session 1 up,over high and down 2.
First attempt was using frozen mackerel and squid, large baits close in and were both untouched, second trip over low tide with frozen mack on one rod close in and distance rod with lug and rag from seaton angling resulted in ignored worm baits but a very nice enquiry on the mack head and guts. Two very distinct double tugs registered on the rod as I'm using braid. I held the rod waiting for a committed pull which never came and what was probably a bass had moved on.
Last attempt yesterday in calm weather, clear water with no breeze using macks again and blueys had no enquiry either. So all three sessions were blanks but it was a nice try. Must try harder.
View attachment 44763View attachment 44764
Wonder if he, who's being crawling along back and forth every day for 2 weeks has nicked my 🐟🐟🐟🐟
View attachment 44765 :LOL: :oops:(n).mfv New seeker.....I saw you crawling along the shore every day
Hes actually a cuttle boat this time of year.

Good effort and some great pictures. Only fished Branscombe a couple of times but Its a nice beach to be on . Bloody trawlers are doin my head in im beginning to think there all frightened of fishing in any water over waist deep .

Good effort blue it’s been hard round here of late Mainly due to fuck gert pod of dolphins fucking things up the long beaked wankers but I’ve had enough of this next time you down I’m takeing you out you can wear a balaclava if you like but make sure you wear your hiking boots bey 👍

Good effort blue it’s been hard round here of late Mainly due to fuck gert pod of dolphins fucking things up the long beaked wankers but I’ve had enough of this next time you down I’m takeing you out you can wear a balaclava if you like but make sure you wear your hiking boots bey 👍
Roger wilco

Great report mate, and very nice pics too. 🎣 🎣

Ian.

View attachment 44765 :LOL: :oops:(n).mfv New seeker.....I saw you crawling along the shore every day
No problem with that boat.
You got plenty of area there to fish.
Been there same as you as have many.
Better luck next time.

No problem with that boat.
You got plenty of area there to fish.
Been there same as you as have many.
Better luck next time.
As above i have fished some locations and blanked.

A few years ago i had some frozen mac's in freezer, was around April and just for sport went to one location just to catch dog fish, just for the sport in at least catching something you are targeting

😳 A fortnight beside the sea and you've only managed 3 sessions.! Good grief man a few hours each day is whats required.
Warb's, what can i say i been 200mts from sea for most of the year and only done 2 sessions.

Hopefully knee injection next week will cure that.

Ah! I can see your problem,you're using a Baitrunner.No Carp in there.:eek:😂😂 Seriously,good effort shame the fish weren't obliging.(y) The deserted beaches may indicate the locals know something that you don't.
Yup I use a bait runner now as I nearly lost a rod to a hound once so as I was
( hoping) and targeting for a half decent bass I thought it was sensible as I don't fancy chasing my rod again

Last edited:
I nearly lost a rod to a hound once
Think I would have just loosened the spool enough to let the line out on a take.I've 3 sets of 3 Shimano Baitrunners but would never use them on the beach.I've a pair of Shimano Speedcast 14000 XSB for the beach and always slacken off the spools just in case anything decent takes a fancy to the bait. ( I should be so lucky.)(y)

Back