• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

South West Branscome

Tatunka joe

Reaction score
Popped along to a local mark tonight fished On the mixed ground for a change I’ve seen good Huss and bream come from here in recent months and fancied a crack at it well it was very slow lots of missed bites to start with so scaled down hook size from a 4/0 to a 2/0 and straight away landed a strap not huge but not the little pain in the ass worms we tend to get on the clean ground orso had a dog on whole squid intended for bass a 1/2 lb pout which become bait and another eel same size as previous. Won thing that did happen while I was bringing in the pout I noticed thru the gloom silver fish jumping out the water chouldnt make out wot they were but later had a strange little bite on the distance rod and on retrieving found a gar had been lassoed on the mainline braid so that answered my question never seen that before . Recon a bit of colour in the water will bring the Huss on the feed didn’t lose hardly any gear and do love fishing this beach I’ll try again cheers ma Bute’s 174D0723-C55F-4D37-A556-C3C0634FEF68.jpegC0034052-AACE-4BAC-8C00-E0CF20AC28D6.jpegA9BB0D2C-FE02-49DE-86E6-B5EBC37E43DC.jpeg9A0D26AE-DA37-4963-8B78-143544E7829E.jpeg

Good effort! Interesting to see the gar are still about, but they do seem to hand on late, probably even more so down your way?

Well done wacker, awesome you still had gar, lovely photo of the beach but what cutie with you .

Tight lines Ma bute

Can’t count the gar cause I lassoed it unless I’m that good lol loads still out atm we were getting loads last year at the end of November lots of people swimming this weekend Waters still warm bey . Yes he’s a handsome fecker but obsessed with dogfish seen him carry a few around when they get washed up lol

Well at lest you had a few fish out mate. catching still better than blanking, hopefully the winds tomorrow might stir it up enough for something good to come closer.
Bert dont looked that impressed with your skills :ROFLMAO:

Is the tar oil still under the pebbles to mess your trousers up if you sit down???

Nah bud all clear now the ship wreak fecked things up for a loooong time down there but it’s been improving few bream come off there this year loads out in the bay recon we might start getting good bags of them next year with any luck but cause of the Napoli I know quite a few farmers with wooden barrels that have been turned into dog kennels ?

Back