• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Bristol channel.

Big leads are just a tool to get the job done.....with the right rods, they aren't too bad.
If i go to wales, its normally a 7oz im using, and thats probably on the light side for some marks.
Match your tackle to the conditions. 👍
Well it's a good job I don't need to use so much lead around here Si, would take all the fun out of fishing. But each to their own, and like you said, if you fish big fast tides and rough marks you need big leads, just not for me. 🎣

Ian.

Well it's a good job I don't need to use so much lead around here Si, would take all the fun out of fishing. But each to their own, and like you said, if you fish big fast tides and rough marks you need big leads, just not for me. 🎣

Ian.
Big rods, big leads aren't as much fun, unless you're a big lad i guess, but id rather be catching than blanking 😁

A more powerful rod will cast a 7oz easily enough ....if needing an overhead thump, actually better than a lighter lead.

As always practice makes it easier.... generally start the cast slower with a bigger lead, is i believe the advice generally given. 👍

Back