• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

South West Brixham a few trips

bananas

Reaction score
Had a few sessions around Brixham the past few days, first was at a mark I like fishing but its tough on me knees and tougher on the tackle!, but does throw up some nice fish, had a few Ballans , Corkwings and chunky Pouting in-between retackling, but did get what I was after a Rockcook Wrasse so all the tackle loses wasn't in vain, also got snapped up good and proper but something hefty that took me all around the rocks before popping the 5lb line, called it a day for that one.
Went over to the Breakwater to fish with a mate who was on fire that evening, pulling in Mackerel, Herrings, Gurnards, and slab of a Ballan and a very tidy 47cm Bass, all I could manage was 5 small Corkwings!!.
Went back early doors in the hope of emulating his fish, but didn't manage that, just a pout and Tompot on the bottom but did have a Sardine so another point for this hunt and all most worth getting up at silly o'clock for.
Then had a slowwww day yesterday there, felt like a hour passed in-between each fish, just had four Wrasse, a Grey Gurnard and a solitary Mackerel, not sure why its so slow this year on there compared to other years, tho having more action close in on the light stuff so think ill be sticking to that for a bit.

Well done mate, nice mix of species that. Did you say you got gurnard at Brixham, i love a gurnard on the LRF gear but not had a sniff of one there.

Well done mate, nice mix of species that. Did you say you got gurnard at Brixham, i love a gurnard on the LRF gear but not had a sniff of one there.
Yep was a small grey Gurnard, my friend pulled out several on Saturday, then been around a fair while over there. most came to baited feathers but mine was to worm, all on the outside.

Stacks of gurnard up east Devon atm mate ?well done Bob couple of nice sessions there ma Bute
I had a few tubs at Dawlish the other day but never seen them come out at Brix. Really wanting to get a grey gurnard for my annual species count now, have you seen many of them about?
Yep was a small grey Gurnard, my friend pulled out several on Saturday, then been around a fair while over there. most came to baited feathers but mine was to worm, all on the outside.
Great work mate, thats very interesting and thanks for the info. Are you having to cast far to find them? Towards the end of the breakwater I'm guessing? Cheers ?

I had a few tubs at Dawlish the other day but never seen them come out at Brix. Really wanting to get a grey gurnard for my annual species count now, have you seen many of them about?

Great work mate, thats very interesting and thanks for the info. Are you having to cast far to find them? Towards the end of the breakwater I'm guessing? Cheers ?
Yep saw a Bute come in off beer on boat today but plenty of greys off Seaton mate along with tubs and the odd red

Are you having to cast far to find them?
The one I had was about 40yards out and was just before the white blocks, the ones Kai had was further out and towards the beginning of the breakwater, he has been catching them on there since January, I have also had greys at Seaton and Branscombe and not that far out at either places.

Yep saw a Bute come in off beer on boat today but plenty of greys off Seaton mate along with tubs and the odd red

The one I had was about 40yards out and was just before the white blocks, the ones Kai had was further out and towards the beginning of the breakwater, he has been catching them on there since January, I have also had greys at Seaton and Branscombe and not that far out at either places.
Thanks chaps thats very helpful, not fished Seaton before, will have to pop down ?

Thanks chaps thats very helpful, not fished Seaton before, will have to pop down ?
Decent tides for it this week mate orso pop along to beer good lrf ing to the left off the concrete pier someone I know caught a couple of Cornish cling fish round the corner from there so good marks for yer tiddler fiddling ?

Decent tides for it this week mate orso pop along to beer good lrf ing to the left off the concrete pier someone I know caught a couple of Cornish cling fish round the corner from there so good marks for yer tiddler fiddling ?
Oooh clingfish, now you're talking ? i actually fished off that concrete thing in beer for the first time a couple weeks ago and had a load of chunky little ballans until someone came and dumped half a dozen buckets of crab and shellfish waste over the side. They weren't interested in my rubber lures after that funnily enough ?

Oooh clingfish, now you're talking ? i actually fished off that concrete thing in beer for the first time a couple weeks ago and had a load of chunky little ballans until someone came and dumped half a dozen buckets of crab and shellfish waste over the side. They weren't interested in my rubber lures after that funnily enough ?
Now when they do that that’s the time to go for bass and bream mate ?goggle earth Seaton hole for the clingfish big rock pools mate

Now when they do that that’s the time to go for bass and bream mate ?goggle earth Seaton hole for the clingfish big rock pools mate
Bream from that ledge in beer? Now I'm getting really excited ? Brilliant info mate, thanks for that!

I haven't got a clue what a clingfish is, though I might have unknowingly come across a few in me teens!

Seaton & Beer too far to travel for an old Git ike me. ??

Back