• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

South West Brixham again today

bananas

Reaction score
We went over to Brixham again to day, but didn't have very long there as she was walking the dog while I had a little dangle. Started off close in, as was fun watching some small Pouting attack the bait in gin clear water, then a better sized one came along, chased all the small ones away before having a go at my bait, bang, silly fish was out and in my hand, lol.
Had quite a few small pout out after that, before a small whitish fish came out, thought it was a Goldsinny at first, till I looked at it closely when unhooking, blow me was a small Cuckoo Wrasse, an new one for the hunts, allowed my self a small shriek of delight before a few pics and plopping him back.
Few more small Pouting and a couple of Corkwings was landed, before I could see the other half walking towards me so guessed it was time to pack up, as usual the weather men got it wrong, forecast for rain at 1pm, blazing sun is what we had, nearly cooked the dog on the way back to the car.

We went over to Brixham again to day, but didn't have very long there as she was walking the dog while I had a little dangle. Started off close in, as was fun watching some small Pouting attack the bait in gin clear water, then a better sized one came along, chased all the small ones away before having a go at my bait, bang, silly fish was out and in my hand, lol.
Had quite a few small pout out after that, before a small whitish fish came out, thought it was a Goldsinny at first, till I looked at it closely when unhooking, blow me was a small Cuckoo Wrasse, an new one for the hunts, allowed my self a small shriek of delight before a few pics and plopping him back.
Few more small Pouting and a couple of Corkwings was landed, before I could see the other half walking towards me so guessed it was time to pack up, as usual the weather men got it wrong, forecast for rain at 1pm, blazing sun is what we had, nearly cooked the dog on the way back to the car.
Nice little report Bob and I'm glad you had some nice fish & some good weather! I'd planned to potter in the garden here this afternoon but by 12.30 it was coming down Cats & Dogs, and didn't clear away until 6.30pm. Not getting garden power tools out at that time of day!

Well done on the cuckoo mate, it seems there are a few knocking around down there. Still not interested in jumping on one of my hooks though ?
Only a matter of time and your get one?, was very pleased with him, i know i only had a hour n bit there but didnt have one Ballan, which is usually the first fish out for me.

Nice little report Bob and I'm glad you had some nice fish & some good weather! I'd planned to potter in the garden here this afternoon but by 12.30 it was coming down Cats & Dogs, and didn't clear away until 6.30pm. Not getting garden power tools out at that time of day!
Well done bob we had heavy rain most of the day
We was forcast it but dint happen till the evening, one heavy down pour then light showers. Hopefully the weather a pick up now and bring a few nice fish in with it.

Well done, busy little trip that... ?
Never had a cuckoo ?
Few and far between, but great when one comes out, they can keep in small areas near to their nest so i understand, just need to find that, but this one was a juvenile, so probably out on the razz. Never had a male yet so not sure where they hide.

Back