• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Broken rod

flappy

Reaction score
Well not actually the rod..rather the reel screw thingy that tightens to stop the reel falling off
.the screw bit has detached from reel grippy bit..it's on a fox range master 2/12 lb test curve carp rod.
Can any of you kind gentlemen advise me if it's worth fixing it or just to get a new rod.
Thank you.

Well not actually the rod..rather the reel screw thingy that tightens to stop the reel falling off
.the screw bit has detached from reel grippy bit..it's on a fox range master 2/12 lb test curve carp rod.
Can any of you kind gentlemen advise me if it's worth fixing it or just to get a new rod.
Thank you.

No idea what reel seat they used but worth trying to force it (gently) back into position. They locate in a groove under the hood that is not visible. If no joy whip off the hoods and screw (dremel or junior hacksaw) and wrap or tape on a plate seat. Lot cheaper than a new rod.

No idea what reel seat they used but worth trying to force it (gently) back into position. They locate in a groove under the hood that is not visible. If no joy whip off the hoods and screw (dremel or junior hacksaw) and wrap or tape on a plate seat. Lot cheaper than a new rod.

Not sure that will work.
I will send a photo.

Does no one use coasters anymore?
Use them otherwise give the rod away rather than bin it

Decent rods in their day (y) not sure on price to fix it but im sure you will get a rod of same quality if not better for quite reasonable money.

Use coasters like Thameside said is another option apart from using it as a beanpole

These are Coasters. You slide them over the rod & the reel foot, and turn the knob to tighten them to secure the reel.

I would have thought they might be a bit clumsy for a light Carp fishing rod - they're usually used for beach casting rods to make the reel position adjustable. If you value the rod, I wouldn't have thought it would cost a fortune to have a new reel seat fitted if you are not up for doing it yourself, but you might find it difficult to get done in the depths of Um Bongo!

Breakaway also do replacement Fuji reel seats:

These are Coasters. You slide them over the rod & the reel foot, and turn the knob to tighten them to secure the reel.

I would have thought they might be a bit clumsy for a light Carp fishing rod - they're usually used for beach casting rods to make the reel position adjustable. If you value the rod, I wouldn't have thought it would cost a fortune to have a new reel seat fitted if you are not up for doing it yourself, but you might find it difficult to get done in the depths of Um Bongo!

Breakaway also do replacement Fuji reel seats:

Can get a pair of them for about 45 quid..second hand..probably just do that..Chuck one away but keep the top section.

Back