• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

South Coast Browndown 6-11-21

Chalton

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
It breaks my heart when Im stuck local I shouldn't moan I'm not land locked but in my opinion there's better beaches an hours drive from here east and west so I find myself local after doing a deal of the year and landing my self 2 zziplex evolution ct rods cheers @chesilpete i had to give them a full on session as last week we where home early (weeded out) conditions where not great South westerly 30mph plus gusts 1 rod long blacks and squid 4/0 pulley in the hope of a unicorn and this is a first for me in the solent 1 rod 2 hook wishbone up and over size 1 hooks fresh blacks on that as I had a feeling I could bag a sole or something other than whitting first fish of the night whitting ? hour and a half later I bring the big lug and squid bait in and a palm sized plaice I think lol mission accomplished in my book something I've not caught local since I was a kid any way so not to bore you anymore haven't put a report up in a while so here's my contribution

Attachments

• IMG-20211107-WA0000.jpg
    IMG-20211107-WA0000.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 24
The 'plaice' is a dab, note the strongly curved lateral line above the pectoral fin.

Hi mate
Firstly we’ll done on the sess
Those ct’s were mine originally and I specifically wanted Chris Dance build
so their right if you get my drift
Pete and I remarked how funny they’ve
come back home !
Hope you enjoy them
See you soon
Gray

You can only catch whats in front of you mate.
It is wierd about those cts like char said he bought the best.
Fun how they went around the country and found there way home.
Perfect rods for you solent weed not a problem and easy distance...... and I reckon a stone cold bargain was had!
There must be cod in the solent..... seen a few come out so far so a decent plan.

You can only catch whats in front of you mate.
It is wierd about those cts like char said he bought the best.
Fun how they went around the country and found there way home.
Perfect rods for you solent weed not a problem and easy distance...... and I reckon a stone cold bargain was had!
There must be cod in the solent..... seen a few come out so far so a decent plan.
Were they the cts I had off you mate?

Were they the cts I had off you mate?
Yes and they needed a mega clean and sort out! but new shrink and literally a few hours or polishing out all the scratches and a little bit of love and they will go again.
chalton took my lovely bright pink tip tape off twas a bit gay for him.
Spigots are mint...... got them at a decent price, and they suit gary 100%.
Just wierd how the same pair found there way back after a several hundred mile road trip!!!

I liked the tip tape , did take a bit of abuse for it though lol.
Cracking rods but I was seduced by a pair of ttsmg

Back