• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

South West Burnham On Sea.

squidword

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
Grabbed a few hours on my local beach to see if I could bag a sole for tea. Just a basic 2 hook flapper, baited with lug and rag, kept at 30 yards. Plenty of rattles from slip sole, then I missed a typical sole bite. The wind picked up and the sea started to look a bit more "bassy" than sole, low and behold a good bite produces a bass of around 3lb, then another, then a smaller one of around two and a half lb. The weed became a pain so time to pack up and home before dark. IMG_20230623_194205.jpgIMG_20230623_204044.jpg

Great report & nice photos Squiddy! Well done on the Bass! 🎣🎣👍👍

Haven't been to Burnham for many years, and never fished there.
My Ex grew up in a village near Sedgemoor services and she had a mate in Burnham.

Burnham goes through spells just like everywhere, sometimes it can be very muddy, sometimes sand, but can be really good fishing on its day. I've had bass to 16lb+, thornbacks to 15lb+, sole to 2lb, cod to 9lb14oz, congers to 35lb+. Fishing not as good as it used to be but still full of thornies at times.

Great report mate, nice bass too. (y) Lovely pics as well. 🎣🎣

Ian.

you really are a dappy twat and make stupid comments on every post
on here, one day it will all backfire on you.
I am so glad you carry the flag for sensible behaviour..🙄

Back