• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Car sharing and being tied down

Sometimes for me, sometimes not.

It’s nice to chat with folks but I am very happy with my own company as well, always have been.

Although agree it can be handy when a few of you can try different baits or tactics or whatever.
Some species are social events like plaice.... some are antisocial like bass!
Always handy to have a mate with you on Chesil...... @J Richards the cod wrangler x.

Agreed but that’s the thing, I’ve known more than a few who have sprung the ‘got to go home early card’ on me after we’ve barely been fishing an hour. No one on here.

Obviously if it was a genuine emergency back home then I’d pack up no questions asked, but it’s usually something pretty feeble such as a promised Tesco trip or the mother in law coming for dinner.

So why they can’t just say before that they have a cut off time, I really don’t understand. Then I either agree with it, or meet them there.

And occasionally it might even be me wanting to go early, if I’m having a truly shit session and feeling proper pissed off - at least I can leave them to it without ruining their trip.
So it wasn't the fact that you thought they looked all a Tad Goaty and got rather frisky with them and got the ropes out? might have had something to do with hey let me out off this place i wanna go home Mummy!

Always handy to have a mate with you on Chesil...... @J Richards the cod wrangler x.
Yes tbh Chesil is very much the ultimate social mark and handy to send someone else down to pluck your fish out of the backwash 😇

Lots of my fishing up here though is small rock marks where space is tight or bits of low tide sand where I want as little disturbance as possible!

And I do quite often prefer my own company lol

Was telling my old man about that on Saturday lol. That fish was prob the best looking cod i have seen to date. It was amazing. 😘

Na last year. Shittest bait & tides ever, weather was bloody terrible as well.
Vintage frozen blacks and pink squids...... wind, rain and Jason ran over the top into the surf and plucked out that beauty for me.

The advantages of a top drawer wing man, I have been in up to my bollox a few times looking like a deranged bear getting a fish out, what comes around goes around.

I will be looking for those bigger ones again over Christmas thats when the larger lone fish seem to turn up.

Just goes to show though the worst of everything and expect the unexpected on Chesil, we had the entire beach to ourselves it was filthy.

Vintage frozen blacks and pink squids...... wind, rain and Jason ran over the top into the surf and plucked out that beauty for me.

The advantages of a top drawer wing man, I have been in up to my bollox a few times looking like a deranged bear getting a fish out, what comes around goes around.

I will be looking for those bigger ones again over Christmas thats when the larger lone fish seem to turn up.

Just goes to show though the worst of everything and expect the unexpected on Chesil, we had the entire beach to ourselves it was filthy.

I might after toothy things over xmas this year…. Wire traces, rough sea’s and whiting/macs & squid as bait.
Will need a wing man this year….. Dont want them to get away like last year….. saw 1 in the surf and it looked AMAZING…… the rest went through 100lb mono 😡😡😡😡
I will be on wing man duty whenever you need me Pedro….. and anyone else who fishes with us… 😬😬

I might after toothy things over xmas this year…. Wire traces, rough sea’s and whiting/macs & squid as bait.
Will need a wing man this year….. Dont want them to get away like last year….. saw 1 in the surf and it looked AMAZING…… the rest went through 100lb mono 😡😡😡😡
I will be on wing man duty whenever you need me Pedro….. and anyone else who fishes with us… 😬😬
Got loads of time off over xmas looks like the BC is also starting to improve.....

Got loads of time off over xmas looks like the BC is also starting to improve.....

Snap…. I have loads of time to kill over xmas. Lol. Yup BC is waking up big time. Saw a blonde on one of my old haunts 😡😡

Back