• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Castaway. Or maybe not ….

Yes that’s what was called either way I could not get on with it .

maybe if I could have used my thumb it could of worked but where it has to be located. And seen o lot on YouTube where to fit it I could reach with a finger but to far away for my thumb to be comfortable .
I don't get on with the cannons. Try a Breakaway thumb button. They work far better for me. Everything feels much more natural
1701780540439.png

Looks a better option for me this is fitted where Level with the reel spool or can it be lower .

its been a while since I was last beach fishing.
at the time a long rod was 13 foot. Now there 15 foot .

just very rusty and a lot older now .
i will without doubt get back in the swing as they say.
It can be a bit lower,

So, looking at it, you need a wide berth on the beach when casting then.. 🤣 🤣

Ian.

Posted on your other thread. Anglers Den in the south do casting lessons. Probably worth the trip in your camper.
There must be closer ones around in Wales.

put a search in for den trigger a much better release in { world sea fishing forum }

Each to their own.
I have a few multipliers that I will up grade later when l really get back into it …
Mine work just fine Sonar, why should I change?

Multipliers just sound so complicated and hard to maintain.. my fixed spools are twenty five years old.. never been cleaned or oiled.. and they still work fine.

Multipliers just sound so complicated and hard to maintain.. my fixed spools are twenty five years old.. never been cleaned or oiled.. and they still work fine.
Have you tried fishing with them? :unsure::ROFLMAO: Multies are not difficult to maintain imo.

I'm with Beach, FS for spinning reels but multi for beach and rocks. If you set them up properly then they are pretty trouble free.

I can’t think of a single reason .
people use what there comfortable using …
I have been using them since the early 60's only upgraded over the last 10 years, it pays to clean & maintain them after each session. The same with all reels whether fs or multies.

Back