• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Casting lessons

philthefish

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
Hi everyone is there a list of casting coaches/instructors anywhere as I'd like to get my pendulum casting up to scratch
thanks

Hi Berkshire I'm afraid but willing to meet up sometime
If you have any Casting clubs near you, that would be a good place to go, most will welcome you and give advice freely.. (y)

Ian.

Master the OTG first. It's significantly easier to execute and will give you almost as much distance. A good OTG cast is half of a pendulum cast in procedure but only a few yards shorter and can be done more safely if there are other people on the beach.

Master the OTG first. It's significantly easier to execute and will give you almost as much distance. A good OTG cast is half of a pendulum cast in procedure but only a few yards shorter and can be done more safely if there are other people on the beach.
Totally agree, pendulum casting is not really the done thing if fishing on a busy beach, and the OTG can get you out a fair old way if mastered. (y)

Ian.

Or the Brighton/easy cast, very similar to OTG.

Ian.

Set your phone up to video your practice casts. Slow everything right down and 'hit' the cast, ie apply the power 'pull and punch' as late as possible. Try practicing with a 7oz lead (or more if your tackle will take it) aradldited into a rubber dog ball. Set your reel to run super slow to prevent the wrist/arm/ball ache of winding in a ton of line between every cast. I have a mk1 535mag with 30lb mainline and 80lb shock leader set up specifically for practice casting. Measuring your casting and keep notes so you can refer to each video and any increments of improvement. You'll be able to both self diagnose and more importantly send the videos and info to others for their comment.

Back