• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Casting lessons

But its no substitute for a person standing next to you and in a position to see how you have cast. .
then to aid you better …
Yes 1:1 tuition is the gold standard. Online resources did help give me an insight into what I am trying to achieve. for me knowing the whys is as imports as the hows. Horses for courses etc

This is the best online guide I’ve found.
Isn't than Andy Webb's bum chum, always looked like he was going to take a dump the way he squats to cast.. 🤣 🤣

Ian.

At the end of the day, do you really need to be Pendulum casting on the beach, distance isn't always the be all and end all, yes it can help in at some venues, and to have it in your locker is a bonus, but OTG will get you amongst the fish in most cases in my opinion.. (y)

Ian.

Can't OTG when wading so have developed a few variations on the 'fishing pendulums' I've been shown as well as a few Hateras styles that also cater for tight rocky spots, boat casting lures etc

At the end of the day, do you really need to be Pendulum casting on the beach, distance isn't always the be all and end all, yes it can help in at some venues, and to have it in your locker is a bonus, but OTG will get you amongst the fish in most cases in my opinion.. (y)

Ian.
In the video he agrees with you (13:30ish) about the dangers, which is why in the first part of the “tutorial” he teaches a variation of the cast which is a safer style where the compression of the rod travels at a different angle.

Ian.
I've never done, or tried to do a pendulum cast. I don't think they recommend it with Continental rods, which is what I fish with on most occasions.

I've been casting high swing pendulum style now on thirty years. Once ye get the hang of it you can use it to cast lesser distances as well 😄 Not every cast has to be your maximum distance accompined by a grunt a fart a massive over run an a birds nest, as some would have you believe 😆

Although the best one I know of is the "three step run up" a very important part of this is to shout "Geronimo" just before the release lol hold on? That may be my sexual technique 😜😜😜😜aye scrap that last paragraph lads hehe.

Mark...

Attachments

• IMG-20200915-WA0001.jpg
    IMG-20200915-WA0001.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Back