• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Casting

Agreed!!! Might just do that myself with an offshore gale!!!! Lol best cast I saw was from a small pensioner aged bloke I used to fish with, his technique was amazing! Blasted a rig on a pendulum cast god knows how far,beat blokes younger and bigger than him by miles!
He caught a sunfish on the other side

You could try a softer or different action rod? In my opinion rods are in general much too stiff nowadays, ideal for anglers who are lucky enough to have good technique and naturally good timing, not so good for learning to cast with. Once you have mastered a good technique, then it's time to move on to the stiffer rods. Some of the older zzippies are nice to learn with, primo synchro, profile etc... Something with real feeling, not an unresponsive stick. I reckon I could get you hitting 170+ in a day with a profile, reel mounted low...

You could try a softer or different action rod? In my opinion rods are in general much too stiff nowadays, ideal for anglers who are lucky enough to have good technique and naturally good timing, not so good for learning to cast with. Once you have mastered a good technique, then it's time to move on to the stiffer rods. Some of the older zzippies are nice to learn with, primo synchro, profile etc... Something with real feeling, not an unresponsive stick. I reckon I could get you hitting 170+ in a day with a profile, reel mounted low...
I recon with a T 700 I chould hit 180 but just been to Norway so that will have to wait I’ve got a pair of 15 ft sonic gravity ht which are a nice soft rod but just prefer my gbfs

I know some one who,s got a profile evo 15ft , must be a one off . Love to have a chuck with it . Bet that could really make a lead fly.

Back