• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

South East Catching smooth hounds at Minnis Bay, kent

I love minnis Bay, great vid too. That place is such a nice venue to fish, especially in the flat calm evenings where u can hear the fish jumping around you. Grenham Bay is my preferred spot, seems a little deeper/less distance to wade
I went to recoulver middle bank yesterday for the 8pm high... Wow it was cr@p! Had an hour window of no weed before high and as soon as it turned full on weed again.

I love minnis Bay, great vid too. That place is such a nice venue to fish, especially in the flat calm evenings where u can hear the fish jumping around you. Grenham Bay is my preferred spot, seems a little deeper/less distance to wade
I went to recoulver middle bank yesterday for the 8pm high... Wow it was cr@p! Had an hour window of no weed before high and as soon as it turned full on weed again.
Yeah I think the weed has taken hold now which is unfortunate. I love the whole of that coast line and you're right of an evening when it's calm it can be amazing

It's a real shame, each year I live in hope to catch it right for a zero weed & plenty of hounds session but haven't struck lucky yet! Onto the Thames now I guess chasing some sole...

Caught my last hound at Reculver railings, some years ago now. Was thinking about giving it a try again, but since covid, and they extended the car park etc' the place is stacked out with holidaymakers, dogs and kids. Might try in the Autumn.?

And parking is 1.80 and hour. Can't get an 'all day ticket' either to reduce the cost. But if youre going after 8pm it's free.

Shame about the weed, I think that's here for a while now ?.
Excellent underwater footage ?.
Tight lines.

Caught my last hound at Reculver railings, some years ago now. Was thinking about giving it a try again, but since covid, and they extended the car park etc' the place is stacked out with holidaymakers, dogs and kids. Might try in the Autumn.?
if you ever need a hand let me know only down in whitstable. fish reculver often. carry your gear etc as remember reading you use a mobility truck .
had them in September last year only people for miles was us and the weed had gone

Back