• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

South Wales CEFN SIDAN - FRIDAY 15th October

VooDooMan 2

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
IMG_20211015_135539_9.jpg
Portuguese Man of War washed up. One of many . Deadly things even when dead.
4 hour session with the Novice and another new friend from the Men's Shed angling group, Gordon. Gordon is returning to sea angling after many years away. His rod bears the Woolworth brand name on it WINFIELD , pretty old but in good condition . He'd remembered how to make a very basic paternoster using blood loops as booms . Not a swivel in sight o_O I spent a lot of time chatting to him about all the trace making equipment and at one stage he'd had a reel disaster which involved cutting his line . Whilst I was helping him my line picked up a large clump of weed and because I had the bait runner set it pulled loads of my very new and expensive braid off the spool . :eek:
The weed was proving a problem for all of us but Gordon managed this fine flounder IMG_20211015_120104_4.jpg
The Novice persevered with two rods and had only a very small bass for his efforts. Last cast proved what perseverance can achieve . His PB bass 3lbs 4ozs IMG_20211015_150124_5.jpg
As is the norm these days , yours truly blanked :rolleyes: But an enjoyable few hours in good company on a wonderful beach

A decent day out. I had the \/ery same rod as that or I assume it was , bought probably 1978 or 79. Snapped at the spigot whilst casting a few years later.

Back