• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

South Coast Channel fun

Live in hope

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
Just a catch up on the days effort. All started well getting to the shop in watchet for half eight. Picked up my bait and Steve in the shop said the harbour wall been showing a few fish and with it being high tide at 9am thought save sat about doing nowt. With that a few drops of wet stuff appeared, me being tight decided it would be fine even though like a knob jockey I left me waterproofs home.
Well 2 n half hours of rain later I was a tad damp and questioning my intelligence. By the end of my stint had a hound about seven pounds to show. No pic as it was surprisingly pissing down still ?
Moved to next mark further down the channel and a little walk past the harbour n cottages saw me with the whole beach of Somerset sand to choose from. Set up n bites from the start with dogs the first to say hello. Then just after turn of tide the first of four hounds all like peas in a pod around the 7lb mark. Thrown in with that was a small blonde knocking 9lb she had a purse popping out so a quick pic and back she went. Happy with her as it’s my first from that mark for a few years. After that lost something heavy to fish bait in a snag a distance. Whatever it was wasn’t coming out no matter how long I left the rod in the rest hoping it would swim out again. All in all an enjoyable if not rather damp day. Cheers 03B5C910-FAF0-4E25-B563-96E34941463A.jpeg87D073F7-DF9B-4A09-859B-92318B747FE3.jpegCBCF7839-ED37-44A5-A061-F16781772469.jpeg

Nice report, great photos! Well done LIH! ????

Well done mate, some cracking fish you have had there, dispite being soggy(y)(y). I fished that mark last week as well but only could manage a dogfish:(

Well done mate, some cracking fish you have had there, dispite being soggy(y)(y). I fished that mark last week as well but only could manage a dogfish:(
I find it one of those places can fish it a few times and it’s dog central then another time it throws up a good mix of proper fish just to make you keep going back?

Back