• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

South Coast Chesil….. Found a few

J Richards

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
Fished friday mid chesil, High water was about 3.30ish (didn’t bother checking)
Plan was to stock the freezer with a few late mac’s, which is now full. Had a random Herring on a set of feathers, new species for me….. Bonus. After fluff flinging for about 15 mins it was time for some serious stuff.
Baits were Blacks,squid and mac’s.
Decided to fish 3 rods (@chesilpete you have my rest :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:)
Big mackreal bait slung 30 yards out for a bass - Epic fail.
Others rods were deployed with black lug and squid. Bites from the off with chesils finest pests, big tings, dogs and congers. Missed one ratchet screamer which i’m guessing bass.
An average plesent evening on chesil battling through the crap fish and missing the best bite of the day.
Hoping to get out after the next blow.

What's wrong with big tings.? They're tasty.

Well done for getting out and having a few. Shame about the missed bite, would have been nice to know what it was if nothing else.

Well done for getting out and having a few. Shame about the missed bite, would have been nice to know what it was if nothing else.
I know, don’t know whats worse not knowing what it was or seeing it and losing it lol

Last edited:
Inknow don’t know whats worse not knowing what it was or seeing it and losing it lol
Best not knowing I suppose. If it was a strap conger then it wouldn't be so bad but it it was a massive bass or the like then it would plague my thoughts for months!

At least not knowing it can be whatever you want it to be and it provides motivation to go back for another go!

Well done on the sesh, shame nowt good came out for you but well done on filling the freezer ready for next time (y) (y)

Back