• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

South West Chesil

Expectation leads to disappointment…..trust me I’ve been going there 9 years,3-4 times a year for a week at a time and it’s busted my balls everytime…….last time in April it got the middle finger on the way home ???….massively over rated…I catch more in the Solent

Expectation leads to disappointment…..trust me I’ve been going there 9 years,3-4 times a year for a week at a time and it’s busted my balls everytime…….last time in April it got the middle finger on the way home ???….massively over rated…I catch more in the Solent

Chesil is never over rated. All about knowing when,where & why……. Stick at it, it will throw up a decent haul…..

Chesil is never over rated. All about knowing when,where & why……. Stick at it, it will throw up a decent haul…..
haha no thanks….there’s far better fishing closer to home. I can travel 1hr to the Solent and catch everytime or I can travel 3hrs to Dorset and catch naf all in amongst the Chinese resident encampments………no brainier innit ?

haha no thanks….there’s far better fishing closer to home. I can travel 1hr to the Solent and catch everytime or I can travel 3hrs to Dorset and catch naf all in amongst the Chinese resident encampments………no brainier innit ?
Have you ever caught anything decent ?
You’re knowledge of chesil seems very
limited...
plenty of info online how to fish chesil
Yes, I agree certain times can be frustrating
but when it’s on the number of different
species that’s available to target is amazing
Do as I do and try and improve each session
Fishing is everything, catching is not a given
Gray

limited...
Gray
That’s why it’s called fishing not catching. No guarantees in fishing

I know of a 24lb undulate and a record couches bream in the last 2 weeks. The undulate would probably be a record as well if claimed, not many beaches can throw up fish like that! It's a frustrating beach but on its day there's not a better venue in the country.

I know of a 24lb undulate and a record couches bream in the last 2 weeks. The undulate would probably be a record as well if claimed, not many beaches can throw up fish like that! It's a frustrating beach but on its day there's not a better venue in the country.
I agree it’s a pity I live over 2 hours drive away

I agree it’s a pity I live over 2 hours drive away
And me! Plus from what I've heard about Chesil, it seems to involve an awful lot of hiking across the shingle to find a quiet spot. Not good if you're not fit.

limited...
Gray
No never had anything decent….nothing bigger than a dogfish or a strap ?‍♂️.
I’ve fished Ferrybridge..I’ve fished both the Dragons Teeth and cottages at Abbo…both Sides at West Bex….I stay in the caravan park at the top of the road there….I’ve fished Burton Bradstock and Cogden, Eype and Seatown so my knowledge is better than you think.
it just doesn’t like us visitors from inland ??

I have fished chesil a fair bit in the last year and it's thrown up some good fish for me. But I would also say that my best sessions are when I have targeted something and stuck at it rather than chucking all different baits out and rigs in a session

I have fished chesil a fair bit in the last year and it's thrown up some good fish for me. But I would also say that my best sessions are when I have targeted something and stuck at it rather than chucking all different baits out and rigs in a session
Like us we knew the 4 target fish we wanted and got all 4 great stuff

Back