• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

South Coast Chisel donky

Tatunka joe

Reaction score
So had are February shore comp last night and as it was a rover and no wind but coloured seas me and my mate decide to play it safe and go cogden just to get a brace of pout and a brace of dogs under our belts points in the board was all that was important. So as predicted fish from the off with stacks of undersized pout hitting the worm baits a switch to fish baits found some bigger ones best went 13 oz not huge but points on the board 👍at dusk we went arfter dogs and soon had a brace each my best was 1 lb 15 oz taken on a sole bait with our targets achieved and still 2 hrs left we both decide to fish for some other bits I sent out worm baits in size 4 s arfter sole on one rod and squid and lug cocktails arfter cod in the other my mate went raying and pout flapper in the gutter arfter a decent eel . As I was setting up another sole bait my mate shouted over he was in to a better fish I ran over to see he’s rod thumping away thinking he’d snagged a good eel he had to play it carefully as there was still a fair dump from the storms early in the week so he’d gain the. Let the fish run eventually he got it on the right side of the dump and I got my first look at it 😳I wasn’t an eel but a slab of a bass I managed to get my hand in its gill and get a soaking but no way was I loseing this fish and first thing I thought was it’s a double we quickly weighed it and bang 10 lb 6 oz a 109 percent specimen few photos and we got her back she swam off strongly. He was made up I was made up I recon most anglers dream of getting a double figure bass I know I do . Back at weigh in as thought he took top honours I took 3 rd place and I win the funfish with my pout aswell nice easy £50 so a good nights fishing for February and amazing to see a winter donkey bass chisel showing us again it’s full of surprises.
Cheers mate butes 👍👍👍D8BD72FE-A23B-495B-8C3E-21DCFBFBA822.jpegE3AA9926-7BA4-43A6-AE05-8BEB1C3188AC.jpeg3e223c15-304e-4095-ad0a-ae48ce72091f.jpeg

So had are February shore comp last night and as it was a rover and no wind but coloured seas me and my mate decide to play it safe and go cogden just to get a brace of pout and a brace of dogs under our belts points in the board was all that was important. So as predicted fish from the off with stacks of undersized pout hitting the worm baits a switch to fish baits found some bigger ones best went 13 oz not huge but points on the board 👍at dusk we went arfter dogs and soon had a brace each my best was 1 lb 15 oz taken on a sole bait with our targets achieved and still 2 hrs left we both decide to fish for some other bits I sent out worm baits in size 4 s arfter sole on one rod and squid and lug cocktails arfter cod in the other my mate went raying and pout flapper in the gutter arfter a decent eel . As I was setting up another sole bait my mate shouted over he was in to a better fish I ran over to see he’s rod thumping away thinking he’d snagged a good eel he had to play it carefully as there was still a fair dump from the storms early in the week so he’d gain the. Let the fish run eventually he got it on the right side of the dump and I got my first look at it 😳I wasn’t an eel but a slab of a bass I managed to get my hand in its gill and get a soaking but no way was I loseing this fish and first thing I thought was it’s a double we quickly weighed it and bang 10 lb 6 oz a 109 percent specimen few photos and we got her back she swam off strongly. He was made up I was made up I recon most anglers dream of getting a double figure bass I know I do . Back at weigh in as thought he took top honours I took 3 rd place and I win the funfish with my pout aswell nice easy £50 so a good nights fishing for February and amazing to see a winter donkey bass chisel showing us again it’s full of surprises.
Cheers mate butes 👍👍👍View attachment 59681View attachment 59682View attachment 59680
Well done to your mate tat on that bass a dream fish , and well done to you on getting amongst the prizes

Cheers mate butes 👍👍👍View attachment 59681View attachment 59682View attachment 59680

Great report and photos, good to see the bass returned. Enjoy your £50 quid!

Back