• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

South West Christening with dog food

bananas

Reaction score
Finally got to try a birthday pressie from my kids yesterday, the lovely pair had bought me a Daiwa Ninja 1500A reel for when I do me tiddler fiddling.
Loaded with 3lb Gorilla fluro, I hit the breakwater for a hour yesterday evening, bloody gorgeous there in the sun. Some grokles had just finished thrashing the spot I wanted to fish with several sets of feathers, with no returns, so after they moved off to froth some other bit a water, I climbed down to me spot, clipped on a metal, 3 casts later, Mr Mackerel was testing the reel, which handled him lovely. swapped lures after a bit and had 2 more Mackerel out, with one giving the drag a bit of a run, so that was dinner for the dog all sorted.
Only fished for a hour so 3 fish was a good result and so was this reel, very smooth on the retrieve, casting was spot on and the drag worked well with only slight movements to increase the pressure. They come in sizes up to 6000 and I can really recommend them, so can Max the dog.
IMG_20230501_192321.jpg

Well done Bob - nice to hear there are some Macker about! 🎣🎣👍👍

Dinner for the Dog?? - they would have had a Frying pan invite! 😋😋

Great report Bob. Nice pics too. 🎣 🎣

Ian.

Back